Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Aug 3, 2009, 04:46 PM
    Is the Iraq War just merely a political conflict or really a War?
    The Iraq War has been awfully quiet these days. I read historical documentaries about other wars and, every time there's a war, It would cause much panic and it would all be on the news and everything. Officials would be all over the nation trying to find recruits and signs are up.

But the Iraq war is completely different. It's so quiet and "way over there" kind of thing. People don't even know if it's still a conflict or it's over a while ago :) It's so quiet they forgot. Why? It makes me think that the Iraq "war" is just a political conflict, and not really a war...
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2009, 03:24 PM

Really I feel that is one point of view that certain in this country try to promote.
    Personally coming from a VietNam vet I look at it completely different.
    Think for a minute, how would like another 9/11 in this country, but instead of airplanes it was a nuclear devise?
    As long as we can keep the bad guys off balance and fighting in their back yards we have less to worry about in our own back yard.
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2009, 09:19 PM

War is ugly no matter what and it seems to be a necessary evil.

My take is you don't hear much about it because of the new President trying to owe up to his election speech and his new administration may be in for more then they bargained. Now Keeping it low key in the public eye simply because its not panning out to well

Hope it does pans out.. Won't be surprised if we get back into it again real soon.

I'm an old guy. The middle east has been a cluster as long as I can remember. Gaza strip always flares up.. etc etc etc...

The last thing I read was a bank in Iraq was robbed by the taliban because there coffers were low because from us being Over there. It takes money for terrorism. They were not able to freely move around and were running out of money because of the U.S. being there.

Not too much time goes by before you hear about a bombing killings somewhere in the middle east. Peace doesn't last long there... Thank God we live on this side of the globe... Our turn will come again and sadly all too soon. U.S. being broke makes us more of a target now. War /fighting expensive..
    Hope the New president keeps on top of what's going on Over there... Time will tell

Aug 9, 2009, 06:48 AM

Hmmm, I agree about how middle east has been home to lot's of political conflicts lately, lots.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2009, 02:12 AM
    War over
    Quote Originally Posted by survivorboi View Post
    The Iraq War has been awfully quiet these days. I read historical documentaries about other wars and, every time there's a war, It would cause much panic and it would all be on the news and everything. Officials would be all over the nation trying to find recruits and signs are up.

But the Iraq war is completely different. It's so quiet and "way over there" kind of thing. People don't even know if it's still a conflict or it's over a while ago :) It's so quiet they forgot. Why? It makes me think that the Iraq "war" is just a political conflict, and not really a war....

I think you have to be glad that after five years the shooting appears to have stopped. I'm sure the citizens of Baghdad were aware it was a real war, "shock and awe" and huge bunker buster bombs and laser guided bombs, But yes it was a real war with an invasion and troops fighting, etc if only for a few days before it became a total rout and the Iraqi forces dispersed and fought as an insurgency against establishment of a new government. There is still bombing and death but on a much smaller scale. The predicted civil war didn't occur but once American forces leave things may be different.

Please remember it was a very one sided war even if the Iraqi appeared to have large forces
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2009, 10:41 AM

But the Iraq war is completely different. It's so quiet and "way over there" kind of thing. People don't even know if it's still a conflict or it's over a while ago :) It's so quiet they forgot. Why? It makes me think that the Iraq "war" is just a political conflict, and not really a war....
    The war maybe quiet on the media,because the media chooses not to pay enough attention to it.
    The war is very real to the citizen of Iraq. And the aftermaths of any war will not be felt by anyone not on the ground in the same region as the war.

Yes you are lucky,but ask of those who was in the war and watched their loved ones die, their troops die. Of course the country claims victory but what about all the deaths of the war on both sides?
    I am sure none of their families think it is quiet and way over there thing...

I think the respect people have for those in war zones need to look deeper and see the suffering endured by both sides fighting in any war.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2009, 10:59 AM
    The Iraq War has been awfully quiet these days.
    Hello s:

That's because the nations elite isn't serving in this war. If there was a draft, and Charlie Gibson's son was drafted, you'd be hearing about the war all the time.

excon

Sep 13, 2009, 07:50 AM

All right, maybe they aren't really letting us know what's going on, keeping the bloody stories off the public
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2009, 02:30 PM
    Iraq v Afghanistan
    alright, maybe they aren't really letting us know what's going on, keeping the bloody stories off the public
    Iraq is old news, the focus is now Afghanistan. Media can only focus on one sensation at a time, they don't possess the resources to cover all the trouble spots and Iraq is now relegated to a trouble spot. Even though there are 150,000 US troops stationed there there is very little fighting, just the occasional bomber, so it isn't news. The US media is only interested in news about their own people, not about other people dying, so no death, no coverage.
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2009, 04:44 PM

Media can only focus on one sensation at a time, they don't possess the resources to cover all the trouble spots
    They Liberal media purposely doesn't cover cover news over there or even at there our own U.S. Capitol if it puts there Democratic party on the defense.

Proof! Real easy to get to Penn Ave in Washington

Just Yesterday there were 10s of THOUSANDS of people protesting on the state Capitol lawn and Pennsylvania ave and today the Washington Post had nothing in there paper about an Historical Event. The Liberal Media Did next to Nothing to cover what's in there own back yard. So how could Anyone trust the News censorship in not reporting NEWS in a un Bias way or how about just show up to report it.

It has NOTHING to do about there resources. We had LIVE T.V. when the war started. Reporters on the front lines, but at that time it was because the Dem's and Reps were more united on that issue. 9/11 was real. Now its back to the same old censorship.

2+2 if things aren't going well over there why would they report that and make the New President look bad pulling all the troops out. That sword is double edge. How can you trust the Liberal Media to tell you the full story for any citizen to make a discussion period either way.!
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2009, 07:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 21boat View Post
    They Liberal media purposely doesn't cover cover news over there or even at there our own U.S. Capitol if it puts there Democratic party on the defense.

Proof!! Real easy to get to Penn Ave in Washington

Just Yesterday there were 10s of THOUSANDS of people protesting on the state Capitol lawn and Pennsylvania ave and today the Washington Post had nothing in there paper about an Historical Event. The Liberal Media Did next to Nothing to cover whats in there own back yard. So how could Anyone trust the News censorship in not reporting NEWS in a un Bias way or how about just show up to report it.

It has NOTHING to do about there resources. We had LIVE T.V. when the war started. Reporters on the front lines, but at that time it was because the Dem's and Reps were more united on that issue. 9/11 was real. Now its back to the same old censorship.

2+2 if things aren't going well over there why would they report that and make the New President look bad pulling all the troops out. That sword is double edge. How can you trust the Liberal Media to tell you the full story for any citizen to make a discussion period either way.??!!!
    But you live in democracy, wait a minute that doesn't give you the right to know, just the press free to print what they like. You are objecting to the freedom of the press? I don't think freedom of the press said anything about unbiased reporting, in fact the object was probably that they could be as biased as they liked. So what you actually have is the right to be a mushroom (kept in the dark and fed on.. ). Now you are fortunate because modern advances mean you don't have to read a newspaper or watch TV, you can get on the net and get your news elsewhere. I do. Surely you don't want to watch war live?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ip conflict [ 5 Answers ]

HI How do I get to know the mac address of conflicting ip address? Thanks

Ex Conflict [ 28 Answers ]

Ok, so my girlfriend and I have been broken up for about a month and two weeks. We talk from time to time. I broke up with her, and there's been a lot of drama. The thing is, part of me knows that I would be happier with someone else later in life. However, the other part of me thinks that her and...

A Political Joke from a Non-Political Person, LOL [ 5 Answers ]

Hi... thought this was funny and wanted to share it with all of you... A little boy goes to his dad and asks, "What is politics?" Dad says, "Well son, let me try to explain it this way: I am the head of the family..so call me the President..... Your mother is the administrator of the...

Possible ip conflict [ 5 Answers ]

I am connected to a wireless network some 500 meters distant using a wireless pci adapter with an external antenna. My system is windows xp professional 'new' edition. I originally set this up using a qpcom wireless pci adapter 802.11g. Due to the weak signal that I received, I changed the...

IP conflict ? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I've a LAN with a DC, it seems that someone has changed the IP address of his computer to be static, and it seems also that he assigned an IP address like the server one 192.168.123.2. The problem is that, I do receive an error message on the server console stating that there's an...

View more questions Search