Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Skyyee Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2009, 03:44 PM
    What Should I Do?
    Threads merged and edited for text/chat.

Hi my name is skyee, me and my ex boyfriend were together for about 5 months and our relationship wasn't that good.. but then we decided to work all the things out, and get our relationship back on track.. a day after we got things good we broke up.. I have no idea as to why he broke up with me... its been a month since the break up and I still love him so much... I want us to get back together, but I don't think he feels the same way.. he says he still loves me and he will never stop but he just doesn't want to be with me... and every time I try to talk to him about the relationship or what happened he doesn't want to talk about it... I don't know if I can take this much longer.. Can someone tell me what I should do??
    aunt1976 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Aug 3, 2009, 04:27 PM

I'm sorry this has happened but you two want two different things. He has moved on and he is trying to keep peace by saying he loves you but he doesn't want to be with you. You seem like a smart person and someone worthy will be glad to return the love and commitment back to you. Let him go on so you can move on as well. But don't be surprised when you move on that he comes back to start over because he might not want to be with you but.. that doesn't mean he wants anyone else to either. Pick your head up and move on. Good Luck
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2009, 07:01 PM

Right now you start moving on with your life instead of staying stuck. Get out your fishing pole and go fishing because he isn't the last man on earth. Get your girls together and go have fun because like Gloria Gaynor said "I will survive". Make that song your motto.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2009, 07:01 PM

You move on, accept his decision not to be with you and start living your own life
    LifeChangesMan Posts: 329, Reputation: 39

Aug 3, 2009, 07:26 PM

What you do is hold your head up high, and move on. Don't speak to him go NC, and let time take over, you'll be fine.
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Aug 3, 2009, 07:30 PM

The relationship was crap from the get-go apparently.

Move on and be thankful you don't have to deal with it anymore! It'll just keep up the same... old... cyle...

1.Go out.
    2.Break up.
    3."Fix" things.
    4.Break up because things aren't fixed.
    5.Go out.
    6.Break up.

See what I'm saying?
    And I'm saying "no" to that, by the way.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2009, 10:57 PM
    It never really was, now it's over.

Yes, it's disappointing because you wanted it to work - but it only worked for a day anyway - why invest any more energy? Why long for something that will never be?

Stop talking to him about why it didn't work, blah blah. He's moved on.

You need to move on as well.

Aug 4, 2009, 09:04 AM
    Wats Up Wit That?
    Threads merged, and edited, for chat/text speak, or bad spelling, or whatever.

After me and my boyfriend broke up I did the NC thing... and then he got upset and said I had changed and that he didn't want anything else to do with me.. What's up with that??
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2009, 09:08 AM

What did you want? To get back?nc is to help our healing.he sounds immature.there are others out there that you ll meet.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2009, 09:09 AM
    NC isn't a game, this should be what is best for you.
    If you are NC, how do you know he is upset and thinks you have changed?
    Let him go his own way.
    overayear Posts: 100, Reputation: 19

Aug 4, 2009, 09:11 AM

Of course he is getting mad, he is not getting what he wants. So to me it sounds like he is trying to make you feel bad for going NC to get you to break it that way he can have you right where he wants you.

Aug 4, 2009, 09:12 AM
    He told one of my friends this and she told me.. that's how I know...
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2009, 09:17 AM

I d move on if I were you.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2009, 09:25 AM

He is only trying to make you feel guilty for doing NC and thinks that his saying that will make him feel better like he did the breaking up. It is just justification in his eyes to make it look like you did wrong.

Like guys that say 'She must be a lesbian because she wouldn't go out with me'
    It is just an ego thing nothing more really.
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Aug 4, 2009, 09:48 AM

He is a whiny baby because you're not wrapped around his finger anymore.

Forget him. He's a loser.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Aug 4, 2009, 11:02 AM
    Please keep all the questions about the same issue in the same thread so that we can give you appropriate advice.

If you were going no contact, then you shouldn't be talking to him. No contact is about healing, not about ignoring the other person.

In the future, tell your friends not to tell you what he says. Your friends should be helping you enforce the no contact rules. Otherwise, if you keep getting news about him, it will just prolong your pain and suffering and delay the recovery process.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 4, 2009, 11:53 AM

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relationships/no-chat-speak-no-text-talk-303157.html

How can you love someone, and be in a lousy relationship? You can't, and now that its over, leave him alone, and find some better guys to hang with.

Sorry but he doesn't care about you, as much as you do, so forget him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search