Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dipstick Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2006, 02:42 PM
    Living on a small island
    If one lives on a small island what can be done to improve the way of living? How can you make life better? Besides bicycles what other means of transport that doesn't need some sort of fuel can be used? What about shops, what should they do to attract more people and tourists to enter and buy? How can we keep it clean? Restaurants, what should they serve? I need sugestions and ideas about everything to make life better on a small island, both with the residents and also the outsiders.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 21, 2006, 02:44 PM
    Is this homework?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2006, 02:52 PM
    Why do you want anyone else on your small island? A small island sounds lilke paradise - no tourists, no shops, no taxes, and no noise. Why would you worry about transportation? You got two feet and it is a small island. I would worry more about adequate shelter, a source of food and water and waste disposal that does not contaminate the water supply. If anyone else showed up - tell them to keep moving!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 21, 2006, 02:55 PM
    Sounds like homework to me.

If so, click here
    dipstick Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2006, 02:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Sounds like homework to me.

If so, click here
    I am 41 years old so definitely it's not homework. Can someone who live in a small island ask for ideas to make our way of living better? Isn't Ask Me a help desk as it says ? So why can't I ask ? So if you have any suggestions and ideas and feel like answering do so I assure you I'm a little bit old to do Homework, but I still like to learn a lot. Thanks.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2006, 04:15 AM
    Live off the land. Why make it better. It is already a paradise. Do you grow your own food. Do you catch your own food. Do you provide yourself with needs without the cost of money. Do you have shelter? If you have all of these things then you do not need anybody else. No restaurants, no tourists. Just you and your family. Living together working together to make a beautiful paradise of your own.

Also when you say small island your not specific on how small.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2006, 06:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dipstick
    If one lives on a small island what can be done to improve the way of living? How can you make life better? Besides bicycles what other means of transport that does'nt need some sort of fuel can be used? What about shops, what should they do to attract more people and tourists to enter and buy? How can we keep it clean? Restaurants, what should they serve? I need sugestions and ideas about everything to make life better on a small island, both with the residents and also the outsiders.
    I come from a small small island :)

Another way of transport is a sea taxi service!
    Attracting tourists would be advertising the island... sun, sea, paradise!
    Restaurants should serve, salads, fresh fish, meats, fresh bread..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Security deposit--Long Island, NY [ 1 Answers ]

At the end of August I had given a $850 security deposit for an apartment that I was moving into September 1st. A few days after I had given the deposit, the apartment flooded. The carpets where soaked and the water came in behind the kitchen cabinets. I was told that they had to fix everything...

An island? [ 47 Answers ]

If God created the Heavens and the Earth, and put man and other creatures upon the Earth, how do we know that God didn't go to some other part of his Heavens and create some other planet and deposit life on it? How do we know he didn't do that 10, 100, or 1000 times over in different parts of his...

"Bay Island" ceiling fan [ 2 Answers ]

I received as a gift a Hampton Bay,"Bay Island" ceiling fan Some of the description reads as such : 52" ceiling fan, oil rubbed bronze finish, Venetian Scavo glass, 442031, model # 14161, purchase order # is 56196192 My question is this, does the glass globe shown on the box actually come...

Uncle Albert's Mysterious Island Help! [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone give clues to this game or where to find some online. This is a PC/MAC game. ?

Long Island Ducks [ 1 Answers ]

Are the Long Island Ducks base ball team, a farm team or connected to a major league team? Lou Lou

View more questions Search