Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doggie_lover Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2009, 01:57 PM
    My hamstring injury won't go away, why is that?
    I'm a dancer have been for 10 years , I'm 16years old and I injured my hamstring last year while doing a competition dance I knew what it was when I pulled it since I pulled my other hamstring before. Ever since I pulled my right one last year it does not want to go away like it will start feeling better then all the sudden it hurts really bad again and I'm stretching it out and everything and sometimes the pain gets really bad and I have to stop whatever I was I was doing so any advise?
    BrownEyesBlue Posts: 6, Reputation: 4

Aug 3, 2009, 02:00 PM

Sorry to hear about your pulled hamstring.. those are never any fun and oh man, do they hurt. I am a soccer player and have pulled my hammy many times. I did an alternation of ice and heat for a few weeks and had to not play soccer until it felt better. I made sure to stretch before I returned to play, and played in baby steps (not over doing it and pulling myself off the field ).

Of course you should see a doctor, my opinion is only based on personal experience. Good luck with your dancing.
    pmera Posts: 34, Reputation: 3

Apr 10, 2010, 03:52 PM

I agree with the above, alternate ice and heat, especially just before class, and see if a physio can teach you taping techniques for when you are in rehearsal but also for when you are not dancing to stabalize the hamstring more to give it a better chance of rest and recovery.

Best of luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jaw Injury [ 1 Answers ]

I was at a I-Hop restaurant in my town when I bit down into my food it had a piece of food where the chef had cook if until it burned. It was about the size of a quarter and when I bit down my jaw pop. The pain got so bad I ended up in the ER with it. I cound'nt open my mouth , but only about a...

Arm Injury [ 1 Answers ]

Hello people I have today suddenly felt immense pain in my left arm which is ranging from the elbow joint up to my wrist. It feels bruised and is very sensitive towards finger movement and contractions within the muscle. I didn't sleep on my arm last night so that throws that out of the...

View more questions Search