Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2009, 11:56 AM

I completely understand where you are coming from with not wanting it in your home. But I sincerely believe that removing her from the home is giving her exactly what she wants. Your mother seems to think that it is okay for her to spoil your daughter. You really should take her home. Leaving her with your mother could cause a rift between you and your daughter that could be near impossible to repair. He behavior is definitely atrocious, but like I said, she needs to be with you. Although you feel like you are at the end of your rope, you are her mother, don't take the easy way out. She could take that so many ways. I tell you this because I knew kids who's parents just sent them away because they felt overwhelmed, and the kids got a LOT worse. I really wish you the best of luck. I know it's not easy for you at all.
    what 2 do Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

Aug 10, 2009, 12:06 PM

I am hopeful that I made myself clear to my mother and she is not undermining. It is difficult for my mother because she feels caught in the middle and would prefer not to be there we have put her in this situation. I want my mother to maintain a relationship with my daughter she is all the family my daughter has left.

Aug 10, 2009, 12:06 PM
    I thought some quality time with another adult would be best.
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2009, 12:09 PM
    Well at least she's being understanding.

Aug 10, 2009, 12:13 PM

I have been told it is the prerogative and privilege of a grandparent to spol their grandchildren, but I think my mother gets it, right now... yesterday the spent the day at a movie an just talking. I am hoping this time will be somewhat benficial for all. What my daughter needs right now is to be supervised and her grandmother is able to provide that and safety.
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2009, 12:18 PM

Maybe you can start going on outings along with them and gradually spending more time together. Your daughter could be more willing to warm up to you and be more curtious.

Aug 10, 2009, 12:34 PM

For now; I will hava a wait and see attitude. We may be going to Marco Island here in Florida this weekend, not sure yet. Friends of mine are coming in from the North, that could be a good monotony breaker. She also has a rebel for a teen.
    dipti jain Posts: 28, Reputation: 5

Aug 11, 2009, 01:52 AM

I was trying to make you understand that, there is something which you should look from a teens view.

Ohsohappy explained it well.

My cousin when 14 started stealing things from home and very rude to his parents. My father instead of accusing him, started with saying that I know that how are you feeling, I too did the same mistake in my childhood and narrated him a story (imaginary) of his childhood.

My cousin broke down and accepted that he had stolen things because he want to harsh his parents who are not taking care of him. Just keep on blaming him.

You are doing the same. I said earlier it is necessary to be strict, but she is already miserable.

She need that you understand her. Love can do miracles.

Its my own experience. I was also angry to my parents. But the moment they said sorry for not understanding me, I broke down.

Take leave and go in a vacation with her. If she don't want to go, forcefully take her. Tell her how you felt, when first time you saw her. Every little moment of her childhood you remember.

Of course don't give freedom of doing anything. She must obey you but she must know how much she mean to you.

Aug 11, 2009, 06:00 AM

Thanks - I have tried this cuddle me tender approach and it did nothing but blow up at me as she then mistook my kindness for weakness. She already knows how much she means to me, the more she tells me she hates me the more I telll her I love her and want her to get the help she so needs and deserves to become the person she was meant to be. I have mentioned to her in the past of some of my own personal teen years, however; I never direspected my parents nor had this level of defiance. I stayed out past curfew, I dated boys they were probably not excited about, I wore clothes that they considered less then appropriate attire and so on... This is a control issue at this point, like playing tug of war. I may be considering a trip over this weekend, not sure yet. Perhaps Labor day weekend might be more feasible, if this weekends plans don't pan out.

Most feel it is time for tough love... My daughter cannot love anyone else until she starts feeling better about herself.

Aug 11, 2009, 11:04 PM
    I can understand your feeling because I am also a mother.

Although my daughter is 2 year old but when she won't obey me even I get strict with her.

But I can understand your daughter because I have gone through the same in my teen age.

I use to feel that my parents love me but won't understand and support me. So she might be feeling that you won't understand and support her.

You people need a mediator, whom she must feel unbiased. May be any of her friend, person whom she like. Don't start with accusing her.

I know you are tired and sick of it all. But she is your daughter, you can't give up.

Aug 12, 2009, 05:55 AM

She has never been accused. My daughter has not committed a crime "yet". But the commandments are clear "respect thy mother and father" words to live by. My roof my rules. I have not asked my daughter to pressure clean the roof as yet. There is no corporal cruelty in my home. I am actually considered by her friends "cool". All of whom like and respect me, with the exception of my own daughter. I too was a teen, however I did not spin out of control. We had something called "boundaries". My daughter needs to learn and know her place, or she will be nothing more then a detriment to herself and perhaps the society. I assure you she will straighten up and fly right, it is my life's ambition, she won't become just another number.

Aug 12, 2009, 06:43 AM

I am not saying, you are accusing her of crime. Of course your roof your rules. She must be disciplined.

I am just saying the starting approach. When beginning is perfect the work is half done.

Anyway, everybody have there own approach. I am concern more about how a teenage feels.

As a parent we always complain our kids that you will understand our decision when you will become parent. But, my question is, we already go through there age, do we understand them?

I have a big family. Usually face this type of problem. Always, there is one conclusion, parents and kids misunderstood each other.

Now a day, Kids even in India won't obey until they are convinced by reasoning. Anyway I think I am unable to convince you of my approach.

Wish you all the best.

Aug 12, 2009, 06:46 AM

On another note; do you practice Yoga?

Aug 12, 2009, 06:54 AM

Yes I do, But why?

Aug 12, 2009, 07:02 AM

Just curious, I have asked my daughter on numerous occasions to join me but she refuses. It is a wonderful way to develop and increase spiritualty and get centered.

Aug 13, 2009, 01:03 AM

"Dhayan" is the best act of Yoga.

I don't know what you say it in English but, it is actually sitting silently and concentrating your energy, thoughts and soul in between eyebrows, It is asumed in Indian vedas that soul resides there.

I am in my early 20's now and practicing it since I was 12 year old.

When you feel every thing is negative or not right. Sit silently and practice dhayan facing East.

First you will feel as things are going on in your memory like a motion picture.

But try to push negative thoughts away from your memory as you push Bad guys away.

Your positive energy will come in and you will feel a light covering your surrounding.

Body will feel lighter as if, it conquered the Gravitational Force and flowing in the space.

You will feel light hearted. And I am sure you will find a way to come out of your problem.

Since you already practice yoga, it will be easy for you.

I always do it when I got angry. Anger, restlessness etc can never give mind the right answer.

Instead a cool, calm and mind full of positive energy will give the correct answer to every problem.

Believe me I did that. Although I am young to say all these, But I have seen many ups and downs in this little age. Life had taught me lessens very well.

I am a strong believer of "Every thing Happens for Good".

Life is not like a movie where there is a written happy ending. Instead life is a sum of so many movies Where we have to give it a happy ending.

Aug 13, 2009, 05:39 AM

Thank you for your wise advise... yogi

Aug 13, 2009, 05:58 AM

Well thanks, I think nothing more I can help.

Life is like a spider web of relations. We create it, we break it.
    ima_mommy15 Posts: 4, Reputation: -5

Aug 15, 2009, 03:05 PM

Well something you can do is beat the f--kout of her and tell her you wish she would call 241 kids and that you will call for her but she's not going to disrespect you no more not in the place you pay bills she can get her sh-t and leave and go stay wit granny cause you isn't on it no more

Aug 17, 2009, 06:00 AM

"never fight violence with violence, it only leads to more violence".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brand new job, vulgar langauage, racial slurs, unbelievable [ 13 Answers ]

I started a new job Tuesday, and I wasn't there for 30 min. when the person training me said to a co-worker "bunch of s--t", then within the hour she said the F word. Before noon she called a coworker "B---h" (to her face) just in joking way, ha ha... they both laughed it off... then after...

Extremely confusing, what to do [ 3 Answers ]

I met this woman about 5 months ago while on business 2hrs away. I was going to be there for a period of 4 months and really wasn't looking for a relationship. She was everything I was looking for and things between us progressed very fast. She moved in with me when my term was up due to us...

Harassing neighbor,vulgar verbal abuse [ 4 Answers ]

My husband and I have lived next door to a man for 8 yrs . We have been verbally abused, harassed. The last straw was when he called me a ing . Do I have any recourse in court?:mad::mad::confused:

Extremely Dry Skin [ 2 Answers ]

I really need some help. I've suffered from unusually dry skin most of my life, but this year has been the absolute worst. Even during the humid warm days of summer my skin was peeling and flaking. Now that it's getting colder outside I feel like I'm in a losing battle. I take quick warm (not hot)...

Extremely Dry Skin [ 3 Answers ]

Ever since I was little I have been plagued with severe dry skin. Everyday after showering, I have to apply lotion or my skin gets so dry it will literally crack open and bleed, it looks a lot like the dry cracked up ground in a desert. During the summer, its not so bad and I have found a lotion...

View more questions Search