Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chey5782 Posts: 423, Reputation: 65

Aug 3, 2009, 02:32 AM
    How do I search zone specific plants?
    My brother suggested that if I want to find the real names of some local wild flowers and plants I should Google them. I can't figure out how to word that in a search though. The books written by locals don't quite give the information I need. Should I describe the plant? And if so, what are the best key words to use for that kind of search? I confused myself, help!
    KUXJ Posts: 975, Reputation: 97

Aug 3, 2009, 05:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chey5782 View Post
    My brother suggested that if I want to find the real names of some local wild flowers and plants I should Google them. I can't figure out how to word that in a search though. The books written by locals don't quite give the information I need. Should I describe the plant? And if so, what are teh best key words to use for that kind of search? I confused myself, help!
    We don't have to say anything to your brother, but He is a wise man.

Chey the answer is in your "meaningful specific thread title"

Do you work with FireFox, Chrome or even opera or safari as your browser?

Two things... IE5,6,7,8, would have had this feature if they weren't so stubborn, now I hear they teamed up with Yahoo, so look for it in IE9

And... If you dislike putting your exact zip code in, put one in that's still in your zonal micro-climate, like a town a few miles away, unless they are vertical and have snow year round while your broiling...

Edited at 8:40am edt:
    You don't need modifiers like, (omit underlined words) How do I search zone specific plants? and don't forget to search the AMHD search located at the top of every page.

K

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are zone valves or zone thermostats possible with a steam boiler? [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old 4 story building with one thermostat controlling the steam heat to all floors. There is a commercial space on the ground floor and they are complaining that they don't get enough heat sometimes (and on occasion get too much!) They have suggested that there is some way to place a...

Ln search of a specific ceiling fan [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for Hampton Bay ceiling fan - model #70220 - model name "Cressner Iron" - Hampton Bay is made for Home Depot - they say it's out-of-stock - can't find any listed for sale on Ebay - I've also have had no luck searching on-line for this item - any suggestions onj who or where to go to...

Zone heating. One zone won't turn furnace on. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi All, I am using two Honeywell V8043E1012 motorized valves. One zone works but the other one you hear the thermostat click on when you raise the temp but the furnace does not come on. When I use the lower floor thermostat the furnace turns and I get heat upstairs. Is this the problem of the...

2 zone oil heat, 2nd zone runs 1st zone [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, We have a 2 zone oil burner. The 1st zone (upstairs) runs separately and works no problem. The 2nd zone(basment), when we try to run 2nd zone separately , it seems to run zone 1(upstairs) and the baseboard heating upstairs gets hot and heats zone 1 even thought we have the t-stat set low...

Growing specific plants [ 1 Answers ]

Early winter is upon us in my region (no snow but some early morning frosts). This summer I started the following plants: (1) Seedless White Grape; (2) Clematis; (3) Butterfly Plants; (4) Rose of Sharons. (1) I have the seedless grape on a frame where it will catch the morning sun and some in...

View more questions Search