Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rlanderson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2009, 08:51 PM
    Bankruptcy discharge papers
    I am applying for my insurance license and need a copy of my discharge papers- I was still using my married name at the time it was in 1994-1995 I think. I have not been able to find my papers and need a copy-- how do I get this?
    DownUnder Posts: 492, Reputation: 24

Aug 3, 2009, 09:12 AM

If you remember what lawyer you used you may try that avenue, if not try the court house you used. Discharge papers are something that should be kept with your other important papers.
    rlanderson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2009, 10:23 AM
    I realize that however I had a fire and lost all- have not needed to worry about this until now and it was over 10 years ago- how would I find the courthouse and who would I contact
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2009, 05:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanderson View Post
    I realize that however I had a fire and lost all- have not needed to worry about this until now and it was over 10 years ago- how would I find the courthouse and who would I contact

You look for Bankruptcy Court in the FEDERAL Court system, go there and speak to the Clerk of the Court - any clerk working in the office can help you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How To Obtain Bankruptcy Discharge Papers for Free [ 7 Answers ]

I am applying for a position at a financial company. As part of the application, they require discharge papers for former bankruptcy. I cannot find mine as I have moved several times. Is there a way that I can obtain these for free?

Discharge Bankruptcy Papers [ 9 Answers ]

How Long Does It Take After The Last Bankruptcy Payment Have Been Made? I Had 36 Months To Pay The Debt And The Last Payment Was Made On Nov 8, 2006 I Filed For Chapter 13 In July 2003

Discharge Papers [ 6 Answers ]

I filed Feb 13th and I still haven't received my papers... Is that normal? And also do I have to have my papers before trying to get a credit card to re-establish my credit? I also have checked my credit score and it's 634.. should I have trouble getting decent APR? Thanks for any responses! :)

Discharge papers [ 1 Answers ]

How can I get a copie of my bankruptcy discharge

Bankruptcy Papers [ 4 Answers ]

I need to get a free copy of my bankruptcy papers. Where do I go?

View more questions Search