Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Narataru Posts: 28, Reputation: 0

Aug 2, 2009, 07:29 PM
    Venting Bathroom
    Hello,
    I want to install a bathroom in the Attic.
    Can I stack vent this bathroom too?
    Thanks.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 3, 2009, 04:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Narataru View Post
    Hello,
    I want to install a bathroom in the Attic.
    Can I stack vent this bathroom too?
    Thanks.
    If you're asking if you can simply connect to the existing vent that runs through the attic the answer's NO.
    To avoid trashing the vent of the bathroom below you would have to either install a dedicated vent from the bath below and tie it back in the attic at least 6" over the attics lavatory flood rim or you could run the attic 3" discharge line down to the bath below and tie back to the stack vent 6" under the below baths connection. You may then tie the attic vent back to the existing roof vent. That's the way it's done. Good luck, tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathroom venting [ 2 Answers ]

I am doing a garage to masterbed/bath room. The new bathroom will have a garden tub, sperate shower, twin vanity and stool. Can I vent all this through a single roof vent.

Venting a bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

When installing a ceiling vent/fan in a bathroom, what would be required by code (NJ). Can it be flex vented into an attic towards a soffit or must it be out the wall or roof?

Venting a new Bathroom [ 6 Answers ]

I am in the process of installing a full bathroom in my basement. The basement is not roughed in so I have to break up the floor slab first. My question is about drain/venting. I have attached my floor plan, I need to know where I should place my vent? Or vents? Can I place a single vent in...

Exhaust Venting a new bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

I am adding a new bathroom where an old bedroom used to be on the first floor of a two-story house w/ attic. The bathroom does not share an exterior wall; it is separated from the exterior by a room. I am having difficulty finding a pathway to install the ducting from the fan through to the attic...

Venting a bathroom group [ 2 Answers ]

Venting questions about a second floor bathroom: 1) Can I install a 2" vent behind a WC (the WC is at the end of the line and the vent rises upstream of the WV) and then connect a shower and tub (separate fixtures) downstream from the WC and consider them all vented? 2) Can I drain a pair of...

View more questions Search