Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    epaddack Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Oct 21, 2006, 10:47 AM
    Foreclosure vs Bankruptcy
    How does a foreclosure look on your credit compaired to a bankruptcy? Which one hangs on to you longer? And with bankruptcy do you pay the bank back on any money left over that the bank could not sell the house for? "If the bank sells my place for $300,000 and I owe them $350,000" Will I pay the $50,000 left over.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2006, 10:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by epaddack
    Will I pay the $50,000 left over.
    Hello epa:

Yup.

excon
    epaddack Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Oct 21, 2006, 10:54 AM
    Hello excon

Foreclosure and or bankruptcy you would still pay it back?
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28

Oct 21, 2006, 02:19 PM
    You are mixing apples and oranges.

A BK will follow you for 10 years; however, you can get a new credit card within 3 months at a higher interest rate and purchase a new home within 2 years IF you have emplolyment. You would file BK AFTER a foreclosure if the bank/mortgage co comes after you for any deficiency between selling cost and original loan obligation...
    Timbo1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2007, 01:52 PM
    What is the difference between foreclosure and bankruptcy and which is the best way to handle a home?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foreclosure [ 2 Answers ]

One of our properties is in process of foreclosure. The bank locked up the property. Do we still have obligation of paying property tax? The worst of all, we have a second mortgage. How sholud we deal with these entities? Thank you

Help with foreclosure [ 3 Answers ]

The Bank just started my foreclosure. I put my house up for sale about three weeks ago hopeing it would sale. How much time does my house have on the market with me selling it before its to late. It has not went to the judge yet.

Foreclosure [ 7 Answers ]

At the age of 18 my parents told me to sign for a trailer for my sister. I understood that she was first, then my step dad and then Me. So I was the co-cosigner. At that age I didn't know what I was doing. Now, 10 years later I found out that I am to co signer, and the bank is after me for the...

Foreclosure [ 5 Answers ]

Almost two years ago our bank foreclosed on our farm. It all started when my parents signed for a loan, believing it was five years. At the signing, my mother noticed it stated one year instead of five. She asked the loan officer, who they have known for years, why that was on there. She said that...

Foreclosure - Please Help [ 1 Answers ]

Today (2/3/06) I was visited by the Sheriff's Department who presented me with foreclosure papers in the form of a Summons with a Complaint on Note and to Forclose Mortgage on Real Estate. Here's some facts about this. 1. The mortgage is under my name and my ex-spouses name. We were divorced...

View more questions Search