Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chadwick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2006, 10:32 AM
    French etching
    I have a french etching with the triangle trademark SLL or SZL. The picture is of a person standing under 3 large trees with what looks like water in the background. I cannot read the signature. Looks like Honof? It is also signed in pencil and marked 73/350 in pencil. Etching is 19"X23". Framing looks original. Triangle trademark sticker is also on the back. Any ideas?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 21, 2006, 10:55 AM
    This comes from the Paris Etching Society.
    There's more information in these threads:

valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Oct 21, 2006, 11:06 AM
    Busy little group, those Paris etchers, n'est pas? ;)
    zenpainter Posts: 10, Reputation: -2

Oct 22, 2006, 03:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwick
    I have a french etching with the triangle trademark SLL or SZL. The picture is of a person standing under 3 large trees with what looks like water in the background. I cannot read the signature. Looks like Honof? It is also signed in pencil and marked 73/350 in pencil. Etching is 19"X23". Framing looks original. Triangle trademark sticker is also on the back. Any ideas?

Hey, You and I have about the same problem. But, I can tell you a few things about it.
    First, the SZL in a rounded triangle is a Stamp of Authenticity. Right there it has value.
    Second, it stands for Sidney Z. Lucas, the son of Camilla Lucas of New York. She started
    a Gallery in early 1900's, and her son took over. They commissioned artists from
    Paris and brought the works to the states. I cannot identify the artist on mine,
    as he writes but one name "Jules". But, it is a beautiful aquatint etching!
    The original start of this was The Old Print Shop in NY. Coming from the
    Paris Etching Society. Perhaps you could look up those two sites, and see
    if you can find your work. I wish you luck (and me, too!) v :o

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

French Citizenship from French Mother [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I'm looking into getting French citizenship for myself. Born here in US, 24 years old, my mother moved here from France when quite young and is still a French citizen. According to most of what I've read (in English) this would make me automatically French, I'd just need to get the...

Etching by Varin [ 2 Answers ]

I have an etching by Varin called "Wall Street 1856: It has the trademark on the right side SLZ-------------------It also has a number 8618 A. I cannot find any info on this, can you help me. Thank you Stanley

French citizenship through french/canadian husband [ 3 Answers ]

Hey there - my husband was born in France. He's been a citizen of canada, resident of quebec, since his French family immigrated 36 years ago. We got married in Los Angeles, certificate issued at the Beverly Hills court-house, in 2003. I was originally informed that: 1) I had to wait 3 years...

View more questions Search