Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Inverno3 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2009, 05:18 PM
    Wiring a Honeywell RTH3100C thermostate
    I currently have a Honeywell RTH7000 series programmable thermostat. It broke so I bought a Honeywell RTH3100C non-programmable. I want to get some help in wiring it beforehand because I had problems wiring up the 7000.

Current wiring w/ wire colors:
    blue - C
    green - G
    yellow - Y
    orange - O/B (labeled this on terminal of thermostat)
    red - R
    white - auxiliary
    black - E
    brown - capped off

The new thermostat has:
    E, Aux, Y, G, O, L, R, B, C terminals

Is the following correct in translating the old wiring to new?
    C = C
    G = G
    Y = Y
    O/B = O
    R = R
    Aux. = Aux
    E = E
    Leave brown wire capped?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2009, 09:55 PM

Yep, the meaning of the terminal O/B probably needs to be set in the stat. If it's wrong, you'll get heat in cool mode and vice versa.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring Honeywell RTH3100C thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

I replaced my old mechanical thermostat with a Honeywell RTH3100C digital. My heatpump is an older Rheem. My wires are RED,YELLOW,GREEN, WHITE AND WHITE1. I connected the red,green,yellow to their respective terminals. I don't know what to do with the White1. The blower comes on and with the White...

Wiring issues on honeywell rth3100c [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to install my honeywell rth3100C but I don't know where the wires goes to What color wire goes to the following E aux y g o l r b c

Thermostat wiring Honeywell rth3100c [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Weathertron Thermostat Model # baystat239 and try to convert to Honeywell RTH3100c. Connecting to weathertron thermostat currently are x2-black o-orange g-green y-yellow t-brown r-red w-white

Honeywell RTH3100c Wiring Question [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Goodman 5 ton 13 seer heat pump. We have a pre-existing heating unit (electric) that is to be used for just Emergency heat. I connected all the wires, but there was a question that came up. The manual said that if the old thermostat had w1, w2 and why wires, I need to contact a heating...

View more questions Search