Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Good Mommy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2009, 01:09 PM
    Ex not paying his 1/2 on medical bills & I'm in debt
    I have been divorced since 2005. I have never asked my ex to pay any of the medical bills for our son. This year I really got in debt with bills and asked him to pay. He called the orthodontist to try to get out of paying for that if it wasn't necessary medically. He said he didn't get first letter with total owed and hasn't called since I sent it again. (I have letters registered that go to him; he got it) I asked for almost $600 now and it will be beyond $1000 by the end of this year. He and my son don't get along in spite of counseling and the new wife abused by son once. We live far apart so my son doesn't have to visit and he's never asked for him for the summer. I'm afraid to take this to court because he never lets anything go without revenge. He's already sent people after us and he would do something. I could be out of debt lots sooner if I got the money he owes, but if he than wants visits or hurts my son we both suffer. Is there any other way that doesn't make it a confrontation in court? Are there any organizations that don't then bill you every month to get these bills paid? Thanks for any help you can provide.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2009, 01:16 PM
    Was there ever a court order for him to pay 1/2 of the expenses? If not, then you don't have a claim against him anyhow. And if there is, and he's not living up to it, then the only way to enforce it is to take him back into court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I pay off my debt while paying current bills? [ 2 Answers ]

How are people expected to pay off old debt with what minimum wage and what things cost. I have about $4,000 in debt and I honestly don't know what to do. I can't get a loan to pay off the debt because said debt exists. How do I fix this? Are there grants for this sort of thing? For a little...

Serious credit card debt/medical bills & on SSD [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am in a big mess. Over the past several years I have run up around $9,000 in credit card debt and now I have several thousand in medical bills that weren't covered by insurance. My elderly mom had been living with us and was paying enough room and board so that groceries were covered...

I'm 23 and have high debt cause of medical bills [ 3 Answers ]

I had surgery right before my 19 th birthday and since then I have added lots of debt for lack of no insurance and I don't want to file for bankruptcy so young but have no idea what else to do any ideas will help very much I'm stuck and have my whole life ahead of me trying to start my life and I'm...

Medical Bills [ 3 Answers ]

I am a 54 year old disabled person. I am currently receiving Social Security Disability and have Medicare A (B?) and D. It is the part not covered by Medicare that is killing me, I am now over $1400.00 in debt . There is no way I can ever pay even a little of this as , just to pay rent, food, gas,...

Paying medical bills [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I need help with my medical bills. My husband had to have surgery but we were in between insurances. We do have it now. There are the hospital plus doctor and anesthesiologist and others and its over 50,0000 and its killing us with the other household bills. Were starting to fall behind on...

View more questions Search