Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ivanhenny Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2009, 11:23 AM
    Is there any law to sue a woman who slept with someone's husband in Australia?
    To: Whom it may concern

I would like to know is there any law to judge someone guilty when she slept with someone's husband in Australia?

Thank you
    Best Regards,

Ivan
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2009, 11:34 AM

Charger her as guilty to what? Adultery? I don't believe so

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/c...5114/s120.html
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2009, 01:37 PM
    I know of no law in any western country that makes adultery a criminal offense.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2009, 04:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by s_cianci View Post
    I know of no law in any western country that makes adultery a criminal offense.

The US is one of those Countries - Adultery is, in fact, a crime in several States including NY, Virginia, Massachusetts.

I don't know if it's ever prosecuted (except for high profile cases) but it is a crime, at least on the books.

It is not a criminal act in Australia.

Massachusetts Bar Association : Is adultery still a crime after <em>Lawrence</em>?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My husband has a child with another woman [ 10 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am here in high hopes that I can get some extreme help. My husband has a son with another woman and that is by far not the real issue here. He and she were together before we got together so I have absolutely no remorse for this. My real problem is such: I have always been...

Woman Controls Husband! [ 13 Answers ]

I know a woman who controls her husband. They get along just well. But the husband does not know what to do. She has full on control of him and If you were to seee them you probably would never even notice. The love each other. But she always is threatening him to divorce him if he doesn't kick his...

Ex husband wants to see kids with his other woman [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I live in England. I have separated from my husband of 20 years and am divorcing him for adultery. He has visited our two daughters for half an hour each week (he works in the town we live, but lives with his new woman 70 miles away). He now states he wants to have our daughters...

Husband Going To Another Woman [ 5 Answers ]

I did not realize that me and my husband were having problems... Everything seemed okay until he just hit me with it out of the blue last Tuesday... We had a long talk and got a lot of things out in the open and the past week has been absolutely wonderful... My problem and question is......

View more questions Search