Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stuart Thorburn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2006, 08:16 AM
    Shower Floor Drain
    How do I raise a shower floor drain as we are installing new tile over the old tiles?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 21, 2006, 09:02 AM
    Hi Stuart,

We use a flange type shower drain, (see image) when we install for a custom tile shower. The upper part of the drain has threads so the tile man can adjust it up or down. Break out the tile and mortor and the drain can be adjusted. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tile floor drain in a new shower [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a 4' by 8' double shower in a master bathroom. I will be tiling all the walls as well as the floor. The floor right now is 3/4" cdx plywood with another layer of 1/2" cdx plywood over that for strength. I have a pvc pipe stubbed up in the middle for the floor drain, and that is as...

Shower drain and floor [ 1 Answers ]

We are getting our shower floor and drain replaced, and have a problem with the installation. The plumber installed a new drain, but the person who was going to lay the mud floor, said that the drain was not secured. The plumber says that the liner can be cut, the drain secured, and a patch put...

Tile floor shower drain leaking [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 65 year-old Spanish style house and I have a Tile floor shower drain leaking problem. When I apply silicon around the connection of drain and tile, it temporally stop the leak, however. A couple of weeks later, it leaks again. Any advise or recommendation of a handyman will be greatly...

Leaking Shower Drain Tile Floor [ 1 Answers ]

Hi- I purchased this house two years ago and at that point the stand up shower had some sort of sealant that was placed in a very sloppy manner around the drain. However the home inspector said it was OK although to me it looked like something to worry about. Well now I have a leak bad enough to...

Converting cast iron floor drain to shower drain [ 3 Answers ]

I am adding a bathroom to my basement, which has partial (complete? ) plumbing already roughed into the floor (in 1976). Sewage lift station (vented) is 3 ft from 4" styrofoam plug (toilet), 4 ft from 1 1/2 inch cast male pipe end extending through floor (lav, have already added vertical vent...

View more questions Search