Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomandsueh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2009, 10:23 AM
    Replacing 8-wire ceiling fan switch
    I am replacing an 8-wire Westinghouse 3-speed fan switch in a ceiling fan. The tags originally placed on the wires, from the mounted fan unit, have come off and I am left with guessing which wires go where. As memory serves me, there is are two black leads, one or two blue leads, and I believe a yellow. (I am not entering this information from the location of the ceiling fan) This switch has a capacitor and the new switch and capacitor have been installed using using the color code wires from the old fan switch. After installing the new switch, the light works fine, I cannot get the fan to work.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2009, 08:48 PM

Pullchains with more than 4 wires confuse me. What make is the fan?

Ceiling fan pullchain replacement and repair - Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing a 3-wire, 2-speed switch [ 4 Answers ]

The fan in the fume hood above my stove is broken. I believe it's the switch so I need to replace it. The whole kitchen is over 35 years old, though and the fan is a dynavent. I believe the switch is soldered and don't know how to undo it to see the wiring of the switch. The switch is a...

Can anyone tell me how to wire 3 speed 4 wire switch for heritage farm ceiling fan [ 8 Answers ]

:confused: Need help my chain broke no light in kitchen no fan working:) :)

Hampton Bay ceiling fan- replacing 2 wire light switch [ 10 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan and the light is not working ( there are 3 globes ) . I bought a "2 wire light switch" from Lowe's and was told the piece is interchangeable. I know that Home Depot sells Hampton Bay products, but Lowe's is closer. Everything seems to be hooked up correctly, but...

Trying to wire a 3 speed, 4 wire ceiling fan switch [ 7 Answers ]

I am trying to wire a 3 speed 4 wire ceiling fan switch for an Aloha Breeze 52" ceiling fan. The original fan switch fell apart when I tried to see how it was connected. I have to connect black (hot wire), grey, orange and purple wires to the switch (L,1,2,3). The orange and purple wires come...

Need help replacing a 5-8 wire ceiling fan switch. [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to replace a 3 speed, 5-8 wire fan switch with a Harbor Breeze switch. The old switch has numbers 1-Blue wire, 2-Red wire, 3-Orange wire, 4-? and C-Black wire. I don't know which wire was in 4 as it fell out. The old switch is single layered with connection holes and the black wire...

View more questions Search