Ask
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2009, 03:46 PM

I am done hijacking this thread.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2009, 10:08 PM

I'm not quite sure how stating he was the "so-called" husband is any major husband bashing. It was one comment, probably out of frustration. Besides, what she says here may not be the same thing she would say in other circumstances -- I certainly don't always post here the way I might talk to someone in a different situation.

I too feel that knowing hubby walked out is relevant. I'm not too inclined to feel sorry for, or any obligation to help, someone who just went out and got pregnant and took no responsibility for the situation. If someone simply posted saying they wanted a free car, I'd say, well, gee I'd like a free car too. (Especially since I just bought one and paid darn good money I earned for it!) Knowing hubby walked out and someone needs to get back on their feet is a different issue.

And even if this woman had some part in something, hubby still shares responsibility for those kids! She shouldn't have to support them all by herself. That kind of stinks.
    zippit Posts: 693, Reputation: 117
    -

Aug 3, 2009, 08:06 AM

I was really hoping the op returned to give more feedback.I learned one thing regardless of the why and how , she came here for help and a debate broke out.not good
    And I started it
    Not good.
    It's a learning curve.
    You wouldn't believe it from the reply my dad left us and didn't move to the otherside of town we were in Colorado springs he went back to Texas.we went from a middle income happy family to me watching mom crying her eyes at the welfare office.it destroyed our family that's why I was trying to focus on the getting help.
    The words were not the best but they were not coming from ignorance
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2009, 08:11 AM

I hope somebody does give her a car cause I really know what it is like walking 4 kids up and down hills and all to get them to doctors appts, carrying bunches of bags of groceries home and having to keep kids under control and out of traffic at the same time, people criticizing you instead of offering help, welfare telling you too bad you are still breast feeding your new born you HAVE to find a job.
    Then sometimes you have to go the opposite direction to drop them off at daycare and it doesn't open early enough for you to make it to work 20 miles away in a matter of a few minutes and you don't even have a car. BUT you HAD to take the job or be sanctioned by welfare
    People think its easier than it is.
    zippit Posts: 693, Reputation: 117
    -

Aug 3, 2009, 08:25 AM

I remember one time walking home with mom from the grocery strore I was carrying three bags,the walk wasn't to bad like 6-7 blocks but we got right to the door and one of the bags slipped and hit the ground and broke a jar of miracle whip and my mom just went ballistic crying I felt so horrible.
    Who knows if the op doesn't return
    Maybe she heard it was free car giveaway on AMHD day
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2009, 02:23 PM

As for the debate breaking out - considering it was much about how OP is handling the situation, no big deal if you ask me.

Nohelp, your story just emphasizes how important it is to have two parents. I live alone and don't even have any kids, and sometimes it can get real difficult cause I'm the only one there is to do anything -- i.e. I'm the one bringing home the bacon, doing all the "traditional female" stuff around the house like cooking, cleaning, etc. AND all the "traditional male" stuff like mowing lawns and fixing everything. (And I can't afford a plumber.) And then trying to have time to do what *I* want to do so I don't go crackers.

I can not even imagine adding kids to that picture. I really don't think I could handle it. (Well, perhaps a bit better when I was younger.)
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2009, 09:09 AM
    Hey puppy,
    I think you've spammed your links on this site enough times already - please stop.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How can I find a free psychiatrist? [ 15 Answers ]

I'm studying about bipolar and depression I found out that I may be self-diagnosing. How can I find help with no money?:confused:

How can I find my dad for free? [ 8 Answers ]

I want to know where I can find my dad for free

Is there any website were I can find my dad free? [ 8 Answers ]

I have been looking for my dad for a littl over 2 years.His name is Nelson Martinez and I STILL havint found him.I have probably been to every website that can help you find a person, but there is always a catch.Money.I would pay but 1: I don't have a credit card and 2: Im 16 almost 17. So If...

How do I find free grants? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a single mother of 3 looking to further my education. I have been accepted to the college of my choice for Criminal Justice and I was told that there are grants available for single mother, that I should be able to go to school for practically nothing. Unfortunaltely the school cannot help...

How to find a old friend free [ 2 Answers ]

I know there are ways to find people and not pay for it, just haven't found the right site yet, They all want a fee for doing what can be done free if you know where to go, any help please.

View more questions Search