Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fatubagu Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2009, 06:16 PM
    Can the just the officers of a nonprofit organization override the Board?
    Our dance club has a Board of Directors of seven, four of whom are the President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer. Can the President call a meeting that excludes the other Board members, create and change policies by vote from his executive committee and make them enforceable to the entire club?
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2009, 06:18 PM
    What do the by-laws of your Dance Club stipulate? That's where you need to go to get the answer to your question.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2009, 05:45 AM

Hello f:

Instead of just asking a yes or no question, why don't you tell us what happened, what your relationship is with the board, and what you would like to do about it?

Then, maybe we can help you better.

excon
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Aug 2, 2009, 01:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by fatubagu View Post
    Our dance club has a Board of Directors of seven, four of whom are the President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer. Can the President call a meeting that excludes the other Board members, create and change policies by vote from his executive committee and make them enforceable to the entire club?
    The president can call a meeting of the executive committee without notice to the board of directors, unless the by-laws provide otherwise.

What powers are delegated to the executive committee in the by-laws?

Normally the board of directors can over-ride whatever policies this executive board adopts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax deduction of professional services to a nonprofit organization [ 2 Answers ]

If you as a small business give your professional services and equipment use at a VERY reduced rate to a nonprofit organazation (school), can you deduct the difference of what the fair market value of what the service would cost as a donation or a loss?

Officers and Board of Directors [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between board of directors and officers?

Fan Override for furnace missing [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I recently had a humidifier installed which attaches to the furnace and trickles water across a filter only when the fan runs. Now that winter is over, I still would like the humidifier to do its thing but our thermostat didn't have a fan override. I bought a programmable thermostat and...

Choosing board and officers for charitable organization [ 1 Answers ]

I have gotten involved with a charitable organization and have to organize a Board of Directors and Officers. I've never dealt with these issues before. I need help to understand what these offices are, how they are different, and if the same people can serve on both. Do you need a Pres. V.P....

View more questions Search