Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashluvsjuice Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2009, 02:06 PM
    Boyfriend of 8 years(hes not a cheater)quit showing affection no sex what's going on?
    Im 23 going on 24yrs old. My boyfriend just turned 28 2 days ago. We have been togethrer going on 8 years in Oct. When we first started it was great. We were having too much sex now this past year he is holding back. I have to beg for it, he no longer has the passion that he used to show like he is doing me a big favor. He tells me sex is not the most important thing he's the one who got me hooked then takes it all away. I try to talk about it but he just gets angry and upset and says that he is still attracted to me and loves and in love with me so why did he stop making love to me then this is a complicated situation so bad I want to leave but love him too much but I can't live with out it much longer so what do I do? He is my first and only love been with him since 16 and he taught me all I know and made me sex crazy then stopped. I can't even imagine being with another man and this had got to the point well where I have pretty much drove myself crazy wondering what his deal is someone please help
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2009, 02:29 PM

They say that guys are in their prime for wanting sex when they are younger and then women are when they are older.
    You say you were too much before so could it be that you are just at average normal amount now and you just feel it isn't much because you are use to more?
    Guys don't like talking about things like that.
    If he really has gone to about zero then maybe he needs a doctors visit.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2009, 02:56 PM

Is it possible the 'spice' is gone? Could you possibly try something new and kinky? Try roleplaying. Pretend to be anyone you want (my favorite is pretending I'm getting ready to go to sleep and a stranger *my husband* comes in and starts suducing me... but that's just me ;) )

Get some toys and a sexy outfit perhapes? Or take a shower together.

Or even go away on a vacation together. Go to a wine tasting event and then go to a hotel room with some more wine (or beer/liquir, which ever you like) and just hang out and have fun. And see where it leads to?

Good luck hon. And like nohelp said, its also possible he may need to see a doctor. Or perhapes you can both see a sex therepist.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2009, 05:46 PM

Yes HH is right, its possible to have too much sex. From what I hear sex takes a lot more out of a man than it does a woman. Its one of the reasons women can have several orgasms in one 'go' and men usually (not all, but all the guys I know at least) need a rest period before going again. IF they can even go again at all without falling asleep ;)
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2009, 05:50 AM

He may have decided that after 8 years of dating... that the relationship isn't really going anywhere. THe spark is gone... and maybe he has fallen out of love with you.

Or there can be a medical condition, and yes young guys can get them. Has he had a physical recently and a full blood workup. Just to be certain its not medical in nature as untreated some of those can be dangerous.
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2009, 12:03 AM

I think that what he is telling you is true. That there is more to a relationship than just sex. You it's easy for people to confuse love and sex. I'm sure he still loves you and want's to be with you, but maybe he's grown up a bit. If you're really having issues with it I suggest maybe getting some toys to help you out.

What I will tell you (and I'm not saying that you have considered this or anything) is that you definitely SHOULD NOT go to another man for sex. It could be devastating to your relationship and in the long run, it's not worth it at all.

Just trust that he loves you, You care about him a lot, try to think of it this way, Although it is difficult for you, you have to be there for him emotionally. Guys need it just as much as girls do (emotional support) maybe if you try to be understanding, get some toys and don't push him for it, he'll take it as a sign that you are considering his feelings and will start coming to you again, or more frequently, whichever the case may be.

I hope I've helped a bit. Good luck!
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jan 25, 2010, 08:33 AM

My math says that you were 15 when you started dating him, and he was 20. You were probably very inexperienced with sex, and all you know about it is based around this one man for 8 years.

In a long term relationship you have to expect that the bunny rabbit stage as I call it, will only last so long. Pretty soon that initial euphoria and frequent sex boils down to a more realistic level.

If you want sex so bad that you are willing to leave him, it doesn't sound to me like you are balancing the whole relationship.

Maybe you have made this such a huge issue that he's turned off sex because you can never be pleased.

Try backing off, and work toward being less judgmental of him sexually, and more accepting of him as a person, and the relationship itself.

You need to talk more with him, and you need to really find out what's going on with him, by listening more.

Try not to be blinded by your needs at the expense of his.

Relationships are based on far more than sex. Sex is a nice thing, but only a part of a relationship, and expecting it to remain at frequent levels is just not realistic for most.

You pressuring him, and putting so much emphasis on sex is not going to make for a good performance. Your expectations at the moment are putting a strain on him because you are making this into a huge issue.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jan 25, 2010, 10:18 AM

Are there some missing posts? This thread was started and last posted in (until today) in August 2009.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 25, 2010, 11:44 AM

Closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do you explain affection to my boyfriend? [ 11 Answers ]

My boyfriend & I have been dating for 21 months. Incredible for a good year. Communication, affection, sex all good. Comfortability set in on his end & it became like an old married couple. From sex 4-5 x's a week to a scheduled 1 dy a week (not by my choice), from cuddling while watching TV all...

How do I get my boyfriend to show me affection and let me talk to my family? [ 6 Answers ]

My boy friend (Austin) has baned me from speaking to my parents.me and Austin have known each other for 5 years ,but dated a year and broke up I got married to another guy then I got pregnant but we broke up .and me and Austin got back together and now I have a 4 month old baby girl.my mother was...

What is showing affection to your lover in puplic mean to you? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi everyone Well me and my partner had some heated words (well she talked and I listened) then about half an hour later she was all sweetness and light and said that she wants to keep her proffessional life away from me and as far as the personal life is concerned she wants nothing from me at the...

Boyfriend is a cheater [ 14 Answers ]

Hi, this careaboutyou... My boyfriend has 8 girlfriends online chatting with him almost every night... I feel so painful.. Please help me... {moved from Forum Help-<>}

Boyfriend demands affection [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend wants me to show him more affection? What does that mean?

View more questions Search