Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lainey126 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2009, 11:19 AM
    Blue screen then shut down
    Hi.I have a problem with my acer aspire notebook 2930z.it keeps shutting down a blue screen appears with lots of writing which is too fast for me to read then it shuts down this happens a few times a day.a couple of times there's been a high pitched noise, a bleeping.its quite frightening.can you please help? Thank you.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2009, 11:59 AM

Ahhhh... the dreaded BSOD (blue screen of death) :eek::mad:

There are a number of reasons this could be happening. Most likely, there is some sort of hardware or software installed that is not compatible with your computer.

Had you installed anything new just prior to this happening?

If so, try uninstalling it first. See if it stops.

If it doesn't stop or there isn't anything that you can think of that was recently installed, then you have 2 choices really.

The easiest/cheapest would be to wipe your computer clean and start fresh. It should have come with some sort of restore CD. First you will want to back up any pictures, files, etc that you want to keep. Hopefully, if you have installed programs on there yourself, you either still have the installation CDs, installation files (to backup), or you know where to find them online. You may also want to search for necessary drivers for your specific computer (just do a search for "acer aspire notebook 2930z drivers". You can download them and back them up, too). Then run the restore program. This will completely uninstall whatever operating system you have and wipe everything on the computer out. Then it will reinstall it for you. Then you will have to load the drivers that you backed up onto the computer, run them (there should be fairly simply instructions), install any other programs you need, and load on the files you backed up. Keep in mind that you may not be able to connect to the internet right after you reset without the Network driver.. so don't make the mistake of thinking you will just download the drivers afterward ;)

OR... if that's a little too much... you would have to take it in to someone. They may be able to diagnose the problem or they may just end up doing the same thing for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When I play games/video , blue screen and shut down. [ 1 Answers ]

Any time I play a game on my computer or watch videos on break.com or YouTube , after a little bit into it it freezes and shuts down to a blue screen with some writing. Only problem is that the blue screen only appears for a fraction of a second and I can never read what it says. I believe it...

Blue screen [ 1 Answers ]

Sherryj- I have had a very very similar problem to yours. As soon as I opened the box to my computer it would not start. In face it took me sever start up / shut downs to even get to the blue screen, and then after I got to the blue screen I would restart the computer one more time and then it...

Blue screen [ 5 Answers ]

I get a blue screen when trying to reload windows. The following messages apears: Ntfs.sys - address f8172781 base at f8123000, datestamp 41107eea I cannot re-load windows or get past the blue screen.

View more questions Search