Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2011, 09:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteabyss24 View Post
    I feel like i'm losing my faith in God lately, though before I really have so much faith in God and in the bible, even if i have many trials in life I was still able to survive and stand by my faith, and believed that these are just the so-called test of faith.
    But now, i feel something different in me, I have encountered multifarious problems these days, i am struggling everyday from my previous problems with the new ones and i don't know what to do exactly, I don't want to give up on my faith,..but here, do you know what to do when you have so much problems in all aspects of your life, then you are trying to be good and be patient but still no one lend you a hand to help, no one listens, and then you keep on praying but still nothing works, don't you think that it is just human enough for you to feel that you want to give up on God and in your faith?If God is just testing me how strong my faith is,maybe I will say oh, how I wish God did not trust me that much...I am just human w/limitations and needs, who gets tired and weakens when trouble takes its hardest blow.
    I still believed in God but I don't know if he pays attention on me, listens and cares for me, i am not so sure now.
    I know the feeling well. A long time ago I was on the verge of concluding that God wasn't actually Jehovah, but Zeus. You know, whimsically tossing his lightning bolts at helpless humanity just for fun, and most of them seemed to be landing on me and my family.

All I can tell you is, truth is truth. Circumstances don't change that. In my case, I was able to hang on to two bits of truth: 1) God does exist. I've seen too much evidence not to believe that. And 2) Jesus of Nazareth rose from the dead. The historical evidence says it actually happened. Those two facts kept me going for over a year.

Another thing I can tell you is, circumstances are temporary. Life is a roller-coaster of good and bad experiences. This situation WON'T last forever. The best thing you can do right now is find a group of believers and reach out to them. I encourage you to be honest. If they spurn you, they're the wrong group and they have no idea what this is really about. But keep looking until you find the group that wraps its arms around you, cries with you, and helps you endure. It's worth the searching, and it's even worth putting up with the idiots who don't get it. You can beat this. I wish I could tell you that with enough prayer, Bible reading, steps a, b and c will make everything hunky-dory. But I refuse to lie to you, because that's not how it works. The best I CAN tell you is, find something to hold on to like I did. Eventually you WILL come out the other side of this tunnel, and your faith will be stronger for it. But while you're in the tunnel, it sure doesn't look like it.

Also, get to a doctor. Antidepressant medication helps, too. And that is not a joke. I mean it.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2011, 09:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dwashbur View Post
    Also, get to a doctor. Antidepressant medication helps, too. And that is not a joke. I mean it.
    Someone is wavering in their faith and you want to prescribe anti-depresssants? You should know that the are millions of people that live and breathe in this world without reliance on any religion and they don't require anti-depressants. Telling someone to take medication for this is very unwise.
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2011, 05:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Someone is wavering in their faith and you want to prescribe anti-depresssants? You should know that the are millions of people that live and breathe in this world without reliance on any religion and they don't require anti-depressants. Telling someone to take medication for this is very unwise.
    I suggested medication for the circumstances and the apparent depression that's growing out of them, not for the loss of faith. Try reading the whole thing.
    peaceniq Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2011, 03:00 PM
    Maybe you are not hearing god. God is everything around you that is alive. Music, ideas, love, trees, birds, and people. God is the reflection of your mind. God shows you what you fail to show yourself. Some will call god truth. Some call god love. No matter what religion, what name, or what color you paint the world of god to resemble you must remember that the same way a parent treats all children equally with love and concern, so does god. Be patient as all things pertaining to the greatness of god takes time. Jesus was over 30 before he began his ministry. Buddha was already an emperor when he took the walk to enlightenment. Its not a test of your faith, it's a test of your endurance. Sometimes we want it now but where our mouth lies, our heart is heard by god and will give you what you need not necessarily what you want. Non materialism. This is my perspective.
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2011, 02:50 PM
    Pixie,

I have felt like you before, in fact everyone feels pain and hurt. It doesn't matter whether you are a christian or not.

The difference though is that you have power if you are a Christian. Jesus said in Luke that he has given us Power over things and that nothing by any means shall hurt us. ( I didn't quote it perfectly, just the jist of the verse)

The problem is you have to know who you are IN Christ. You need to start declaring the word of God over you life. The Bible says that you are MORE than a conqueror. MORE than one. That is huge! Do you believe the Bible ? It also says you are the head and not the tail and NO weapon formed against you shall prosper. Instead of being defeated you need to know who you ARE because of what Christ did for you on the cross. And you need to delcare these verses out of your mouth everday outloud.

The bible says that the shield of faith will quench all of the fiery darts the enemy throws at you. ALL of them. You just need to dig into the word and speak it out. Put up that shield of faith, start quoting scripture. If you have been hurt in a relationship, move on. Start fresh today believe what God says that he has a GOOD plan for you life, plan to prosper you and give you a good life. Christians are called believers for a reason. You need to get into the Word and start really believing.

One more thing, why do you suppose things are going better for your non Christian friends? You assume it is the Lord throwing the trials and tribulations your way, but you have an enemy. If he can get you discouraged and depressed and thinking this isn't real, He wins. Stand and proclaim the word. OK.. I'll shut up now.
    obiwon247 Posts: 11, Reputation: 0

Nov 8, 2011, 10:33 AM
    Without trials and tribulations how will we know God? How will we know that He is indeed alpha and omega, our provider? How will we know that he will do just what He said he will do? If it wasn't for trials would we really seek God with our whole heart? God wants to prove to you that He is able. Read James 1st chapter. We should be happy that we are being tested so we can see God bring us out. The more He does it the stronger our faith and trust will be towards Him. I am only 20yrs old but I have been through a lot in my lifetime. This testimony: I grew up in a low income family, parents divorce, mother had a nervous breakdown and was in and out the hospital. One day the cops came and force her to go to the hospital and she never came back home. Uncle stay with my sister and I and had to move to a smaller & brokedown house, got evicted because we didn't have money for rent. My sister and I went and stayed with our dad for the first time and later moved out cause we were treated like nothing compare to our step brother. Move in with aunt and she kicked us out for not having money for rent. We were staying in a motel for a month or so. I was working all the time missing school my senior year BUT GOD! I graduated, my sister found a house, money was coming in, I got into college, and from a year of not knowing where my mom was we finally found her and she doing a whole a lot better. I wasn't a strong christian than but I never lost faith. There were times I felt like giving up, but look at what god has done for me. I got my heart broken twice by to guys I really love and did everything for but if they didn't treated me wrong I wouldn't have found the guy I'm with now who is a christain man and who I'm about to marry next yr. God do and put people in your life for a reason. What you should do is acknowledge the test and ask God what is it that you want me to learn from it. It could be that He want you to focus on him first, He probably want to use you for now. "Seek first the Kingdom of God and all things are added to you" Read Romans 8, nothing should separate you from the love of God. Much love
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2011, 06:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    NK,

Unless Dave got a medical license, he can't prescribe squat. I know this first hand, you can get in lots of trouble. :D and... I don't think he was telling the OP to go out and take medicine. He was saying some of the OP's issues could be depression and need medical intervention. Even those who don't believe in God get down from time to time.

It is rare to find a Christian who hasn't questioned their faith ,if they have any life experience at all. It is normal. I always think when I see that you respond in the Christianity forum with comments of being moral outside of God, having a great life outside of a with God, how do you know? If you have never had a relationship with the Lord Jesus, how do even know what you are missing? Just wondering
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2011, 08:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    NK,

Unless Dave got a medical license, he can't prescribe squat. I know this first hand, you can get in lots of trouble. :D and... I don't think he was telling the OP to go out and take medicine. He was saying some of the OP's issues could be depression and need medical intervention. Even those who don't believe in God get down from time to time.
    Thank you, that's exactly what I meant. I thought I made it clear, but one never knows...
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2011, 02:59 AM
    Oh ye of little faith
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2011, 05:46 AM
    Clete,

Name the two people in the NT who the Lord said had great faith and what was the common denominator. For grins.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abandonment and losing faith [ 14 Answers ]

I've gotten to the point where I feel like God has left me, or purposely puts me in situations to knock me down. I've done the whole "think positive live positive" thing, and it only backfired. He gave me what I wanted most in life, and then took it away. I've asked, and didn't receive. I've...

Losing my faith [ 149 Answers ]

All my life, I've questioned things, never thought id question god though, I just don't believe, I kind of don't want to believe, but its depressing, hearing about hell, because I know I'm going to die young, what can I do, to get back mt faith

My dad scares me [ 38 Answers ]

This really has got to be the hardest thing I am ever going to write. You see, me and my dad don't trust each other very much. When it gets darker he cuts back my time, but I know he only does that because he worries about me. But the real problem is that he shouts at me, A lot, and it scares me so...

Losing faith [ 18 Answers ]

I've been incredibly depressed for the past week on and off. I have also been thinking a lot about God and it isn't making sense to me. Now I've been a christian my whole life and all the sudden I feel like my faith is being tested. I just feel as though I need a sign from God, I know it's selfish...

View more questions Search