Ask
    Alice123 Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2009, 07:51 AM
    How to get rid of self-consciousness ?
    How to get rid of self-consciousness??
    zippit Posts: 693, Reputation: 117
    -

Aug 1, 2009, 07:56 AM

to get rid of the conscience of ones self?

humm to completely get rid of it=death
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2009, 08:14 AM
    What kinds of things are you self-conscious about? Try a little positive self-talk. And change your thought pattern. For example, if someone tells you "your socks don't match", instead of getting embarrassed and flustered (which is probably the reaction that the heckler hopes for), say to yourself (and the heckler) "oh well, so what if my socks don't match? The fate of the free world doesn't exactly depend on my socks matching." Do you come from an over-bearing family? Something tells me that you do. I can relate to that, and the answer is to try and adopt your own mindset instead of conforming to theirs.
    gdgrf Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2009, 01:48 PM
    You have to be more consumed with loving/helping/caring for others... then you won't think about yourself. I don't believe we as humans are capable in and of ourselves to have true love one for another... UNLESS... we have firsthand experienced God's love for us, through Jesus Christ and allowed His love to penetrate our hearts to a level that exceeds our self-love. Only then can we love others more than we love ourselves with a pure motive... otherwise, I believe the first guy gave you the correct answer--death.
    zac0118 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2009, 03:06 PM

You can also think of this if it helps it has always helped me
    If your thinking about you then what do you think others are thinking of. That's right they are thinking of themselves. Nobody really has the patience to think of others they would rather worry about what other people think of them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About consciousness [ 11 Answers ]

Some say "consciousness condensed is matter" ; some others say " They are different". Which is correct?

View more questions Search