Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GoblinMachinist Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2009, 01:26 AM
    Wisdom Tooth Headache?
    I have had a headache for what seems like forever now in my temple and forehead region. My jaw kills me from day to day. I grind my teeth unintentionally all the time and it seems to make it worse. I eat Exedrin like candy. It seems to be the only thing to help. I still have all my wisdom teeth and I was wondering if they can cause jaw pain and throbbing headaches without pain in the teeth themselves. :confused:
    Twink24 Posts: 45, Reputation: -2

Aug 1, 2009, 02:14 AM

Go to the DENTIST :)
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2009, 02:28 AM

the only way to tell is to get an x-ray.

it can be other things as well. It can be from you grinding your teeth. You can buy a night guard at a major pharmacy like cvs or rite aid.
    it can be a sinus infection as well... or even worse yet brain tumor. So unless you get off your butt and the computer you will never know.

If you keep popping excedrin you are looking for major liver and kidney damage...
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2009, 06:03 PM

Sounds like TMJ problems given the locations of your pain. Grinding your teeth worsens the problem. Definitely get in to see your dentist. You may be able to fix the problem with a night guard that will prevent the grinding. Otherwise, surgery may be an option.

Regardless, you want to get in to see your dentist so that you don't wear down the surfaces of your teeth from the grinding!
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2009, 06:07 PM

Listen to nikosmom. It sounds like you are in need of a night guard. Make sure you get a night guard made specifically for you, please do not purchase the kind they are selling in the drug stores in the states.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wisdom tooth [ 4 Answers ]

Why do my wisdom teeth smell?

Raw gum behind wisdom tooth. [ 2 Answers ]

I was brushing my teeth last night and notices that there was some blood when I spit, I rinsed well and listerined. I also use a water pik. This morning when I was brushing My gum behind my wisdom tooth was real sore, raw feeling. Could this be the beginning of an absess or should I worry about it.

Wisdom tooth [ 2 Answers ]

I have had a bad wisdom tooth for a few years. Scared to go to dentist. It has just fell out, no pain or bleeding. Looks like the whole tooth. What should I do?:confused: :(

Headache and bad tooth [ 2 Answers ]

The filling of my tooth came out about 2 months ago and since about then I get severe headaches. Could this be the cause.

Gray wisdom tooth, or what? [ 3 Answers ]

I just noticed tonight that behind my farest back teeth I see something coming out, scratching it with a toothpick it felt and sounded just like a tooth, I guess its my wisdom tooth... But Its gray! I don't know if it is, I've been using dipping tobacco for a year now ( tobacco you place under your...

View more questions Search