Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    UniQQ Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Oct 20, 2006, 11:40 PM
    Dog in heat
    I have a 7 year old pitbull and he is in heat:confused:. I was wondering if there is something I can do to calm him down? He won't stop wining. I will be getting him neuter in a few days. Thanks for your time
    tre_cani Posts: 117, Reputation: 22

Oct 20, 2006, 11:46 PM
    He is likely reacting to a female in your area.

If there is a female nearby that is in estrus, keep them in separate areas entirely.
    UniQQ Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Oct 21, 2006, 01:11 AM
    Yeah we have a 9 month old female who just got her period. We have been keeping them separated. He is just driving me nuts with the winning lol. Thank you for your answer.
    tre_cani Posts: 117, Reputation: 22

Oct 21, 2006, 01:29 AM
    You're quite welcome, UniQQ. I'm just happy that you're neutering him!
    I strongly suggest that you spay the female as soon as she is out of estrus (they don't call it a 'period' with dogs).
    Once they're both altered, they should be wonderful companions for one another.
    Until he's neutered, he's just a guy in love and is telling you all about it!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2006, 06:51 AM
    Yes, please take care of them both as soon as you can. Vets don't like to spay females when they are in season. And please watch her carefully. You may shocked at the effert she makes to get to him or any other male. Accidental breedings help keep our shelters overflowing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Whalen Heat Pump - no heat! [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I live in a condo and have a Whalen Heat Pump. I changed the thermostat to a Noma digital programmable model (model # 52-255808) in the summer time. The A/C works well and the fan works well, but I did not test for heat as it was summer when I installed it. Well, now that the weather is...

My dog is 50 days old and is not eating Dog chow [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My dog name is scoobee, golden labarador,n is 50 days old,he became thin after vaccination ,got fever.. n when I try to feed him Dog chow he simply deny to intake... kindly suggest me... how to attract him in eating of Dog chow as it contains all the minerals and suppliments to good growing...

Changing from gas heat to electric heat [ 3 Answers ]

How do you change from Apollo gas heating system to electric heating system?

My dog is 2 years old and he will not eat his dried dog food! [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I have two dogs pal and buddy now buddy is 2 and pal is 8 I have had these dogs for there hole life and about a month ago we had to change there food now pal was fine with this she eats her food all at once so did buddy but once we put them back to there regular diet pal was fine and so...

Dog heat cycle? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a dog and I think he is on his heat cycle and I would like to know if this is the reason that he is losing weight like crazy because I don't have a female dog just a male and some of my friends say its because of the heat cycle and they recommended me to use nutri-cal for this situation do...

View more questions Search