Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2009, 11:37 PM
    Turkey burgers
    Anyone got any yummy turkey burger recipes? I'm trying to eat healthier. So I figure I'll give turkey burgers a try instead of using beef. I just don't know what I should add to make sure it's got plenty of flavor. I hate flavorless burgers.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 31, 2009, 11:42 PM

Add a little poultry seasoning or sage?
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2009, 11:56 PM

That sounds good.
    Thanks
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 1, 2009, 12:03 AM

Also add a bit of finely chopped celery and onion. Don't add a lot, because too much will cause the burger to fall apart and will overwhelm the turkey flavor.
    Chey5782 Posts: 423, Reputation: 65

Aug 2, 2009, 01:40 AM
    Add dry ranch dressing mix! I saw someone do it once and tried it, it tasted awesome! I also like sun dried tomato chopped up. You can add a little worchester sauce too, or smoke flavoring, but they have a lot of sodium.
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2009, 09:17 PM
    I've had turkey burgers and I treat them the same way as beef burgers, which we call hamburgers (but they are not made of ham)
    Cheese or not, onion, tomato, avocado, ketchup, salt, pepper, turkey bacon, lettuce, pickles etc. just not all at the same time.

Just don't overcook them because you are thinking 'poultry' (don't undercook them either) that may be why you think they need extra flavor, if you dry them out.
    urbancowgirl7 Posts: 84, Reputation: 4

Aug 8, 2009, 12:48 PM
    I cook mine with just the tiniest bit of onion, garlic salt, and season salt and then dress them with pepperjack cheese, spinish, and guacamole (if you like it - I realized a lot of people don't)... but you should toast the bun a little or it gets soggy. It tastes AMAZING though! I usually make baked sweet potato fries to go with 'em! YUM!
    urbancowgirl7 Posts: 84, Reputation: 4

Aug 8, 2009, 12:48 PM
    I cook mine with just the tiniest bit of onion, garlic salt, and season salt and then dress them with pepperjack cheese, spinish, and guacamole (if you like it - I realized a lot of people don't)... but you should toast the bun a little or it gets soggy. It tastes AMAZING though! I usually make baked sweet potato fries to go with 'em! YUM!
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2009, 03:12 PM

Ooo. That sounds really yummy! And I love guacamole. And sweet potato fries.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2009, 10:27 PM
    A great way of preparing turkey burgers is to season it with authentic curry spice, thyme, black pepper, basil, chopped onion and bell pepper, minced garlic, and sea salt. Mix and then marinate in the frige and covered,either overnight or for a few hours. Then mix with a couple of eggs and a bit of bread crumbs. Shape them and then they can be either baked, grilled, or fried (using olive oil). Cook on both sides in equal amounts of time, depending how many are being made. Provalone, cheddar, or mozerella cheese, romaine lettuce, buns, sliced tomatoe and dill pickles, ketchup, and natural mustard.
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2009, 10:59 PM

Ooo. So many good recipes!
    mellybelly0709 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Sep 22, 2009, 08:49 PM

I always add spicy brown mustard. It gives them a little kick and it got my beef eating husband to actually like them!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ppr turkey [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know the companies of ppr pipe and fitting in turkey

Cold turkey [ 6 Answers ]

Oh hello again, for those of you who have seen my other posts! Ok so, it's finally happening... My semester finally ended and I am home. The last three weeks of school I hardly had any work to do and wanted to live it up with my friends. Therefore I was drinking every night and smoking pot and...

Tired from Turkey [ 3 Answers ]

What is in turkey that make people so tired?:confused:

Turkey burgers or meat loaf recipes [ 13 Answers ]

I decided to try something different and I enjoy my meat loaves. I have used beef, and beef and pork mixed. Never ever with turkey. Does anybody have any recipes? Thank you in advance. Joe

Cooking a turkey [ 2 Answers ]

How long do you cook a turkey? So many minutes per pound??

View more questions Search