Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    applegirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2009, 05:46 PM
    Forgot this movie title . What is it?
    I don't remember this movie title but I want to find it again. I could almost Google the main actress who plays the main girl in the film but I've forgotten who she is. Anyway, what I can remember from the film is about this girl who is like the almost youngest (or youngest, I forgot which girl in her family. Her family is full of sisters. One of her older sisters likes his guy but he hasn't asked permission to court her yet. I remember the one scene from the movie when this really short dude comes to "call on her". He waits until he is alone with her in the dining room and then he asks her. Before he even finishes asking she rejects him. Then later she finds out one of her close friends accepted the guy's proposal to marry. I can't remember the real plot of the movie but then the main girl of the movie meets his guy who she seems to clash a lot with. I don't recall how but her close friend who married the guy plus her and the guy she dislikes end up going to the royal palace where they meet the queen. As the scene opens I remember the girl gazing into a cage where a cockatoo was perched in. She only turns her attention away when the queen starts speaking to her. Later fast forwarding in the scene the girl ends up leaving the palace and walking through the rain. She takes shelter at some place and the guy she dislikes ends up there too. They argue about something and he ends up spilling the beans that he likes her. She doesn't seem to take him seriously or something and walks off. Some time later in the film the queen comes to her house and complains to her about the guy's interest in her b.c. the queen wants her daughter to marry the guy but she can't do it with her in the way. The girl is rude to the queen and frankly tells her to leave. She says something on the lines of declaring she has some feelings for the guy as well. Later on in the film the guy and the guy her sister likes comes to ask for her mother's permission to court her and her sister. The main girl's sister is very happy because finally she can be with the one she loves. At the end of the film the main girl and the guy sit together and kiss. I don't know if anyone can tell me what this film is called since I can't even recall the names of the characters.
    Jim_McGinness Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2009, 06:36 PM
    Several aspects of the story you describe are exactly like "Pride and Prejudice". There have been several movies made based on this book, but I only know of ones that adhere more closely to the original text than your description would appear to allow.
    Couchcarrot Posts: 590, Reputation: 41

Aug 1, 2009, 04:26 PM
    Was this a very old film, say in black and white? Was it a newer film that was
    Made as a "period piece," in color with clothing from an earlier century? Was the
    Queen to whom you refer the queen of England? Do you remember about what
    Year the film came out?

Do you know if it had been a novel before it was made into a movie?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80's war sci fi horror movie - forgot the title of the movie [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I have been looking for the title on a movie that I saw when I was a kid in the mid 80's. The movie was set during the war ( I think it was during the nazi era ). I remember at the beginning that they are all walking on a path and discover some sort of tower or castle that is sealed shut. They...

I forgot this movie title [ 9 Answers ]

I can't remember this title to save my life!! If you can help me out, I would gladly appreciate it!! It's about a boy. He's sick, and he falls asleep. In his dream, there are a bunch of animals, I think one is a rooster. There is flood, and some of them are on a floating bed. There are...

I forgot the movie title [ 2 Answers ]

It's about these freaky kids who starts their own college or school. And there's this freaky kid with a big head

Forgot the Title of a Movie [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for the film where there is a stag do and a woman ends up being killed by a door hook, then the stag do men, try to hide the body. Can anyone tell me what this is called?

War movie-forgot title [ 2 Answers ]

A while ago I watched this movie about some nazi super soldeirs that couldn't die because they were zombies, I also remember that the commando group that went to the bunker (where the zombies were) were trying to fix something not sure what. Can anyone help me with the title? Thanks

View more questions Search