Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amhd1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2009, 05:24 PM
    Centipede invasion
    Millipedes are in my lawn and in the house. Getting them under control outside. How do I keep them from coming into the house?
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Jul 31, 2009, 05:46 PM
    I get earwigs and other bugs coming in my house on very hot and humid days. Keep a dehumidifier running on humid days, it will help dry out the air and fewer bugs will get in.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jul 31, 2009, 05:52 PM
    The dehumidifier is an idea, but until they're out of the yard they'll be wanting to come in. The only really effective way to keep them out is to have a bare strip around your entire building at least 18 inches wide.
    amhd1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2009, 05:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    The dehumidifier is an idea, but until they're out of the yard they'll be wanting to come in. The only really effective way to keep them out is to have a bare strip around your entire building at least 18 inches wide.
    What is a bare strip? No vegetation for 18 inches, or pesticide treatment at the foundation around the building? I know - this is likely elementary.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Aug 1, 2009, 06:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by amhd1 View Post
    What is a bare strip? No vegetation for 18 inches, or pesticide treatment at the foundation around the building? I know - this is likely elementary.
    Bare soil. Fine gravel works, and looks better. They like cover to hide from birds and predators. Remove that cover, and they'll turn back, except of course for a few idiots which you get with every situation, from bugs to humans.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Landlords invasion [ 2 Answers ]

I use to have a house but we got we kicked out they gave us o 2 months and they came in one week later they came in and gave us a week to get the hell out is that legial or not ?

Invasion of privacy [ 2 Answers ]

Moved in with a homeowner and recently found a pinhole wireless camera in a plant in the bathroom that I shower in what do I do?

Home invasion [ 1 Answers ]

A few nights ago my fiancée and I were laying in bed and all of a sudden he jumps up and asks me if I am shaking cause usually I have a habit of shaking or rocking myself to sleep but I was already asleep so I responded "no, I'm not what's wrong with you", he said "I know that I felt this bed...

View more questions Search