Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yasso simpson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2009, 04:47 PM
    22 pounds a week
    Hey, I'm really looking forward for losing 22 pounds in 1 week 4 special occasion I just need a trusted plan because I'm running out of time and these extra pounds make me feel depressed and I lost my self-confidence. Help plzz:)
    Yasso keko
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Jul 31, 2009, 05:06 PM
    Losing that much weight in one week would be very unhealthy and possibly even dangerous. It is recommended that people only lose one or two pounds a week by exercising and eating a healthy diet.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2009, 06:09 PM

... also with such high expectations it will only make you more depressed when it doesn't happen. Set more realistic goals for yourself.
    Also they say don't weigh yourself more than once a week. Sometimes looking at a scale can be depressing so better yet set a goal to get down a dress/pants size every two to three months.
    MissRissa Posts: 68, Reputation: 15

Jul 31, 2009, 09:58 PM

I'm sorry yasso, but that's practically impossible.
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jul 31, 2009, 10:07 PM

I'm pretty sure you'd have to cut off limbs to lose that much weight in a week.

And no, I'm not suggesting you do that.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2009, 12:37 AM

Yeah I'm also pretty sure kthe only way to lose that much weight in a week is to lose body parts or get lyposuction.

Sorry hon. You can look forward to 5-10 lbs your first week, and then 2lbs a week after that.

Good luck
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2009, 11:33 AM

Buy some magic knickers and a really good outfit that makes the most of how you look now.

After the special occasion, you can concentrate on losing weight at a reasonable speed.
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2009, 09:02 AM

CanadianCrook disagrees: 5-10 pounds in a week is very unhealthy. Don't tell her that, plus it is VERY unlikely.
    I lost 12lbs my first week of diet.
    My nutritionalist told me it is becaues of waterweight like slapshot said.

Also it depends on HOW over weight you are. I am very overweight. So when I started drinking a lot of water, it flushed my system and got rid of a lot of water weight. Now that I have gotten past that first week of weight loss, its slower, 1 or 2lbs a week. If even that, I'm not a very fast loser :P
    yasso simpson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2009, 12:35 PM
    Thank you all guys I really appreciate your help to me , and now I'm on my way to lose weight and I don't care how fast is it , the important thing is to be healthy... thz again:)
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2009, 12:49 PM

You are absolutely right yasso. Be safe and healthy hon and good luck. And keep us updated on your weightloss :D
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2009, 02:16 PM

If you're like me, without eating for 4 hours makes you lose 2 pounds, you have nothing to worry about. Otherwise starving yourself will only make you gain more weight, I don't recommend doing that. Burn it off by exercise.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is 180-200 pounds fat? [ 27 Answers ]

I'm a female and 21. About 5.6 tall. I'm around 180-210 pounds. I haven't gotten weight in a while. But is around that much heavy for me? Like, unhealthy? My fiancé tells me that I'm fine and I tell myself I'm fat. I hate the way I look and I've tried to lose weight in school~lost a lot but only...

8 pounds [ 1 Answers ]

How do I lose 8 pounds a month.

2 week on property now served a 2 week eviction because mgr refuses to sign lease [ 1 Answers ]

Can a management company refuse to sign the lease document even though you signed and was given permission to move-in by district manager of company? She decided that she didn't want me to stay even though I passed all of the criteria of the property. She found out that I had emailed a ex...

Pounds per Week? [ 5 Answers ]

All right, I asked a question regarding biking but this is more of a weight loss question. Currently I weigh about 195 lbs at 6' (5' - 11.5"). I started at about 205 and have a target weight of 175 (-185) either is a step in the right direction. But I am trying to figure out how long it will...

View more questions Search