Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bearcatk Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2009, 03:51 PM
    What wire do I use for a home made newman motor to use for the big coil
    I'm making a newman moter what wire do I use for the coil I want to spin the motor with pulses when it is not being pulls ed I want to generate energy . I have made all the planes to do it all but not the coil wirer :confused:
    roguerabbit Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2012, 02:46 PM
    One of Mr. Newman's sites says it's about AWG 13-14. I have been playing around with wire size in parallel resonant circuits - the wire size is very important to the 'Q' or efficiency factor. I still have some work to do in applying this efficiency factor to a Newman Motor, however, larger wire sizes lead to more current being resonated around the circuit. For the same number of turns, the coil will be bigger with larger wire, but it will also have a higher 'Q'. With a larger radius in your coil, in general, the coil will put out more power. There's a lot of research to be done here.

Hope that helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Change 4 wire condenser motor to 3 wire motor [ 4 Answers ]

I need TO know how to wire a condenser motor. The one I am taking out is a 230 volt it has 2 brown capacitor wires and a black and white. The one I want to put in is a 230 volt/5 mfd capacitor motor. This one has a red wire a black wire and only one brown capacitor wire. How do I retrofit this....

How do I wire a condenser to my coil? [ 1 Answers ]

I need to wire a used goodman 2.5 ton condenser into my existing armstrong unit (coils have never been used). I can't find wiring diagrams at either the armstrong or the goodman websites. The condenser model # is CKL 30-16 and the coil is # CZE36C-1 (advantage 93). Thanks for any help.

Chinese-made drywall causing coil failures [ 4 Answers ]

Chinese-made drywall imported during the height of the housing boom is suspected of being responsible for the corrosion and failure of metal components, as well as foul odors, in homes in the Sarasota area and down both coasts of Florida. State and federal health officials are now trying to...

12.5 motor coil [ 1 Answers ]

How can you tell if the coil is bad on a 12.5 snapper lawn mower?

Coil resistor wire [ 1 Answers ]

Have problem with risistos wire on 1964 ford ware do you replace it from ?

View more questions Search