Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Goldenwolf Posts: 157, Reputation: 9

Jul 31, 2009, 02:24 PM
    Ideas 4 movie
    I've decided to start making movies as a hobby, but as I am doing this myself, I don't know what to do, I mean, I don't know what to make my first movie about. It's a one-man-crew, so I was hoping you guys could help me come up with an idea to make my first movie
    Lucas2009 Posts: 129, Reputation: 21

Jul 31, 2009, 03:46 PM
    All great movies start with the same theme. The same common thread... a damn good story. Its not about special effects or big stars and multi million dollar budgets. Its just about good pure story telling. There are hundreds of things you can do. First off, sit down and read a few books about film making. Just browse your local library or book store. Second, decide what kind of movie you want to make. Documentary, drama, sci-fi, or horror. (Horror movies always do well, even with low budgets). Watch some short films. See what other people have done. Then come up with a great original story. A good solid tale to tell. Write a script, (some of those books you should have read would have taught you how.) Figure out locations to film in, plan scenes and shots, and gather props, lighting, costumes, and whatever else you'll think you'll need. And finally, recruit your friends to be in the movie. Most people can't resist the urge to act in a movie. Who knows where it could lead. Have fun and good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Old black & white war movie, any ideas? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I remember seeing a movie in 6th grade (about 10 years ago) about these 5 brothers who are sent out to sea in the Navy. I don't remember much about it, but just that I really liked it. It was an older black and white movie, and I think one of the characters' names was Eddy. I also remember...

Any ideas what this movie is called? [ 3 Answers ]

So all I remember is that it was about this girl who was in her bedroom on her bed. I think that she starts singing and her stuffed animals come to life, it might have been a dog. Any thoughts or ideas on what you think it was?

Need Ideas [ 1 Answers ]

Can somebody gives me some ideas what it means to be American?

Need your ideas [ 7 Answers ]

I'm just wondering what your ideas are of what a normal, healthy relationship is? What are the "rules" when arguing or just dealing with each other? What is absolutely off-limits? Thank you so much for any input you might offer.:)

Need Ideas [ 12 Answers ]

Okay, I am creatively challenged when it comes to projects that my kids have to do for school. My daughter has to make a strand of DNA for a science project. They already did the one that uses candy in class, so we can't do that. Does anyone know of a really cool way to make a strand of DNA?

View more questions Search