Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    UrbanAndra Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2009, 07:26 PM
    I totally understand its frustrating and your case may be unique and dissimilar to my experience.

If you have gone to the doctor with out much results, I would highly suggest using a process of elimination with in your means.

In terms of my situation; all the precautions I took (spraying and buying new bedding) for the home were prior to me pouring peroxide on my body. So I have not proven that my this sensation came directly from my home. Note I got the solution not for mold or fungus.

That is why I highlighted the peroxide solution.

Your symptoms may have nothing to do with the bed bugs and may have happened around the same time.

Q:was it moist where you were? Did you sweat a lot? Is the rash really gone?

I was using real lavender body spray on my legs and arms which did help for a little bit. But it would always come back. Even my rash looked like it was going away. But still the feeling was there.

Q: have you washed those clothes yet? What are you using if you did? Are the silver fleck visible if you took a picture of it and posted it or sent it to some of the places we suggested in Australia? How are your clothes contained?

CATSNOW only confirmed that what I felt wasn't tangible. I wasn't going to catch it.

I mean my suggestion is trying the hydrogen peroxide method (some people have used less hard stuff like apple vinegar to borax) on your skin avoiding your hair and eyes. If that does not relieve you then, maybe its not fungal infection, or one that you can reach.

I had to use a process of elimination to really find something that worked for me.

I wish I had a direct answer for you, but this is the best way to understand what's going on with you.

Quote Originally Posted by debbiew_74 View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for all the information that you have sent me - its been a great insight. However, you speak about remedies for the home but I had this before I returned home from Vietnam so its something I believe I picked up there and is still happening.

I have only been back 2 weeks so its not like I picked it up from home and my place is very clean with no mould etc.

Also, I do not have any rashes. I received a rash when I got bitten but after a couple of weeks it subsided, still had the crawling sensation but by the time I got home it was gone - but the sensation stayed.

Therefore, I don't believe it has anything to do with my bedding but something I picked up from what I believed where bed bugs but cannot confirm since I didnt see them and I wasn't really familiar with bed bugs before.

I guess my question would be if I got a parasite or fungi from the bed bugs and that is why I still have the sensation but I cannot see anything, only the silver type flecks on my clothing and that is the clothing that I took over to Vietnam.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your reply - I really appreciate it.

Debbie.
    Jee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2009, 08:05 AM
    I live in Brooklyn. I have the same thing. These creatures are ot bed bugs. They are tiny like pepper specks, buit seems to have different forms as they evolve, ultimately brown. Piprick bites with no welts. I exterminated 3 times, froze my sheets and my clothing. They keep coming only at night. I don't see them moving but have caught a few biting me. They are not fleas. I can't sleep it is disturbing.
    I use a lit roller before I go to bed and catch these little specks all over no matter what.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Oct 18, 2009, 12:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jee View Post
    I live in Brooklyn. I have the same thing. These creatures are ot bed bugs. they are tiny like pepper specks, buit seems to have different forms as they evolve, ultimately brown. piprick bites with no welts. I exterminated 3 times, froze my sheets and my clothing. They keep coming only at night. I don't see them moving but have caught a few biting me. They are not fleas. I can't sleep it is disturbing.
    I use a lit roller before I go to bed and catch these little specks all over no matter what.
    You should use some transparent tape instead of the lint roller and catch some specimens to take to the University or an Exterminator's office for examination under a microscope and identification. If you know what you're dealing with you can deal with it much more effectively.
    Jee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2009, 11:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    You should use some transparent tape instead of the lint roller and catch some specimens to take to the University or an Exterminator's office for examination under a microscope and identification. If you know what you're dealing with you can deal with it much more effectively.
    I have some I picked from me, while they were biting me in alcohol, some on clear tape and some on the lint roller. I am sending them to Cornell Insect identification lab see if they can identify and end my misery.

The exterminator said he has never seen in 27 years anything like it.
    After extermination the population diminished but did not desappear and this week, 2 weeks later they are increasing again.

I also called City departments, I even got transferred a few times but the veterinary department where I was transferred last said they cannot help me unless I have a complaint about my neighbor or landlord. So if we have an infestation of these creatures as I think we have, we have no help from Vector control or the city. I read lots of blogs and there are MANY people in the area with the same problem they are not though concentrated in one site or another. Maybe we should gather.

Have you heard from the woman in Long island that was taken from her house in a Hazmat suit? I hope I do not get there, and ooops hold on one just got inside the blouse.. did not find that one. Continuing.. she was taken in a hazmat suit her body FULL of bird mites.

My landlord has been cooperative,he called the exterminator once again, although he said he has never seen anything like it and no one else in the building has it and that I or someone must have brought it from the outside. Well I know of no one close to me that have something like it, I work at home doe not go out much but for yoga.. so... I don't know.

The back yard here is concrete, I hear birds but do not see them. The next door building has a huge back yard full of green and they have birds. I said that because I think they are or bird or rodent mites.

I know we have squirrels as the cable people said my internet cable outside was eaten by a squirrel and he replaced it .

This week they want my eyes, I spent the morning picking them while they were crawling to my eyes and nose and put them in the alcohol vial. Right now I can feel them crawling on my back though they are not biting yet.

They also seem to like my computer screen... there a few specks here and there. But their favorite place is my bed and my body.

Hope Cornell can identify them ASAP. The exterminator is coming back Thursday.

I hope until then that I do not go mad. Lately seems I can even hear plic plac, and think of little egs bursting and they coming after me...

I do not wish this to my worst enemy! Seriously!
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Oct 19, 2009, 03:33 PM
    Cornell should have no problem. They're one of the top institutions in the field.

Is your exterminator affiliated with a large company? Small firms have limited research resources, but he should have some backup from the government.

If you think they might be bird mites, check your building for accumulations of debris as well as nests. The mites can survive in environments that are merely similar to nests, without eggs nearby.
    Killing Mites Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2009, 06:43 AM

Hi Debbie,

Biting mites are pretty small.They are the size of a speck and if you did not know what you were looking for,you might not see them.There are different ones, so you might want to check on what they look like to the bare eye

Good luck!
    Killing Mites Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2009, 06:50 AM

Oops sorry,I answered an earlier post...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Invisible bugs in my recliner [ 9 Answers ]

For the past few days, every time I sit in my favorite recliner (which I do every night while watching tv), I feel something very tiny crawling on me and I scratch and feel but there is nothing there. I can't see anything nor can I feel anything. I have read other posts that indicate they get...

Invisible biting/stinging bugs [ 59 Answers ]

We live close to several farmer's fields and have gotten overwhelmed by some type of grain mite. As of yet, no one has been able to identify which specific type. Have tried many different sprays along w/ the exterminators advice. Anyone know how to get rid of these things. We have lost a couch...

Car bugs that bite and invisible are not your imagination [ 3 Answers ]

Need help, have bugs that have invaded my car. Like one responder wrote, these bugs bite a lot then sometimes at all. I have to shower and wash my clothes because before I realized what they were I was bringing them in house, had professionals to fog and spray house several times to get rid of...

What are these almost invisible biting bugs in 1 room of our house? [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Colorado and for the last year we are getting bites from some invisible flying bugs. We have bombed the entire house, sprayed the front and back yards including the foundation of our house as well. The bites are small raised red bumps that really itch. They seem to bite more at night. ...

View more questions Search