Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RHamilton111 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2006, 07:01 PM
    Male 4 year old urinating in house
    I have a 4 year old Male Pomeranian. He is not fixed. He has continually made mess in the house. I thought I had him trained, but after getting him a female companion, he has resumed his marking.. How can I correct this?
    tre_cani Posts: 117, Reputation: 22

Oct 20, 2006, 07:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RHamilton111
    I have a 4 year old Male Pomeranian. He is not fixed.
    It's very simple. NEUTER HIM, for starters.

If the problem persists, crate training and close supervision with a potty routine should curb it.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2006, 07:21 PM
    Neuter him NOW. Don't even consider using a dog with a severe behavior problem for breeding. We have far too many people that lack the knowledge to do it right, breeding dogs.
    doggie_poopie Posts: 252, Reputation: 19

Oct 21, 2006, 11:54 AM
    Sound like marking/dominance behavior which is a normal issue with an unaltered male dog. He should be neutered to help this problem, but as it is a habit neutering him will not completely stop it. Recrate training can help. But you must use an enzyme cleaner to remove the urine smell. Also, 80% of dogs that have reproductive cancer are intact males. That is a huge number. If and when a male has prostate problems the only way to correct it is to have them neutered. It is much easier on the dog, vet, and budget to do it sooner than later.
    D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

3 year old dog suddenly pee/pooping in the house! [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know WHAT to do about this. I've had my dog for 3 years now, ever since she was 8 weeks. I house trained her as soon as I got her, and she got the hang of it right away. She's been so good about it for the past 3 years. However, in the past 2 weeks, she's suddenly been peeing and...

Male cat in the house with new kittens [ 4 Answers ]

I have two cats a male who is fixed and a female who just had kittens. She just brought the kittens upstairs and I'm worried that the male may hurt them. The kittens are about 10 weeks old and have started to move around and explore the rest of the house. Up until now my boy would pretty much...

Dogs urinating in the house at night [ 4 Answers ]

I have 2 dogs 8 yrs old that urinate in the house at Night. They have a doggie door and they use it all the Time during the day. I can never catch them urinating. I rub their noses in it after the fact. But it does no good. Please help!

Shut off valve - 80 year old house [ 3 Answers ]

I have a question about shut off valves for plumbing on 80 year old home in Omaha. Does anyone have a ballpark idea of what plumber charges should be to replace shut off valve inside (basement) and outside at the street? The water company said to call a plumber as the valve at the street is...

Dog Urinating [ 1 Answers ]

My dog is 3-1/2 years old. He is a inside dog and has been house broken. All of a sudden he has been peeing in the house. He is let out 5 to 6 times a day and some times more. I don't understand why he is doing this. Nothing has changed here. Only him. I need help!!

View more questions Search