Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mcleyn Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2009, 07:39 AM
    Adding Tables
    Hi,

I am using Access 2000. I have a database with a front-end and back-end. I currently have 4 tables that are linked to the bank-end.

I want to add a new table but I also want this table to be linked with the back-end. I created a new table in the back-end and saved it but it did not show up in the front-end. How do I add a new table in the back-end and make it show up in the front-end?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 31, 2009, 03:26 PM

In Access 2K use File>External Data. Select to Link the data and then find the back end and select the new table.

A back end file is not linked to the front end, the tables in that file are linked. So adding a new table does not, automatically, link it to the front end.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anuitty tables [ 6 Answers ]

Can anyone explain annuitties in lay mans terms.

Oh how the tables have been turned.What do I do? [ 6 Answers ]

Well its been around 7 months to a year since I saw my old cat princess... The other day when my mom was in town, she saw the lady who used to live across the road from us(renting a house) and asked her if they took my cat. She said yes. This really shocked my mom, as they knew she was ours and had...

10 Tables combined [ 6 Answers ]

I have 10 tables that all have the same columns with the same names. I have created a new table that has all those same field names. I want the rows in all 10 tables to pull into one table or query. Would prefer a table. I would just combine all the tables but they're linked from other...

Linking tables [ 1 Answers ]

How to link tables

View more questions Search