Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abi29 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2009, 02:44 AM
    My dad and friends dad.
    My dad is out working in iraq, and my friends dad is out working in afganistan. When ever I hear a solder has died out there, I always feel sick, because I know there is a chance it can be them. Do you have any advice on how to take my mind of it?:(
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 31, 2009, 04:42 AM

Unfortunately, abi29, this is a downside of war. Others left behind wondering and worrying. Think positive, don't ever lose faith that your dad will come home to you. Focus on him alone, pray, write to him, keep up the dialogue. He is always in your mind and heart.

Tick
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2009, 05:03 AM

I know how you feel as my sons has a few friends in Afghanistan and we are always worried.

What keeps me going is my faith.I pray for them and all of our people who are serving and hope that the Lord spares them.

Is there a support group anywhere in your area for families of soldiers?

Perhaps you could look into that and if their isn't one ,it might be a good idea to start one.

I know you are not alone in your fear and worry and I am sure others could benefit from having a group as well.

I hope someone can give you a better answer than mine.All I can say is you must stay strong and have faith.

Many Blessings to you and your family.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2009, 05:42 AM

Right now Iraq is a little less dangerous than it was.

Here is a site that you can keep up on the latest but I don't know exactly how quick they are at adding.
    Honor the fallen: Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom casualties
    Do search by date or
    Click on the current month and year
    Don't look through the rest of the site too depressing :(
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 31, 2009, 06:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by abi29 View Post
    my dad is out working in iraq, and my friends dad is out working in afganistan. when ever i hear a solder has died out there, i always feel sick, because i know there is a chance it can be them. Do you have any advice on how to take my mind of it?:(
    I know exactly how you feel. My son is in Iraq, and my oldest son will be going in December. Luckily we are able to keep in touch via Yahoo Instant Messenger. Is there any way you could do that with your dad?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Friends who turned out to be false friends [ 11 Answers ]

Does any one have experience of people they thought to be friends but they turned out to be false friends ?

A new year both best friends to ex friends [ 2 Answers ]

It was a new year for me at school and two of my best friends fight for a dum thing I asked them both what happened they didn't answer my first friend won't talk to me if I talk to the other friend I really want to talk to my first friend I think she mad What should I do?? To make up these...

View more questions Search