Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrscjr Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2009, 05:23 PM
    Home remedy for UTI?
    Is there a remedy for a UTI that's been effective for you, outside of the use of antibiotics, once the burning, abdominal pain and cloudy urine have set in?
    TezzaD Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2009, 05:27 PM

Hi
    THis one has been around for a while.

A mixture of 1/2 tsp baking soda in eight ounce glass of water can be very helpful on the first signs of urinary tract infection. The presence of baking soda in your system raises the acid-base balance of the acidic urine.

You can also take echinasea or drink cranberry juice.

You must drink plenty of water, even though it may sting.
    Bye
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2009, 05:30 PM

By the time it gets to the stage you are in I do not believe there is anything else you can do. Do not wait to long or it will affect your kidneys. Trust me you don't want that to happen.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2009, 10:05 PM

I've always been told to eat yogurt *with live cultures* and drink lots of cranberry juice. PURE cranberry juice. Not from concentrate and NOT the cranberry cocktail.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2009, 10:43 PM
    You can:
    Drink lots of water: water helps cleanse your body. It also fills your bladder up with more liquid so you don't feel that "I know there's more pee but I can't pee" sensation.

Drink cranberry juice: cranberry juice helps fight the bacteria from the UTI. [Please make sure it is 100% cranberry juice and it is not sweetened]

There are other herbs out there and homeopathic remedies- check your local grocery store or health-food stores for these things.

However, if you DO feel any of these symptoms please see a doctor:
    • Pain or pressure in the abdomen, side, or low back
    • Fever
    • Nausea and/or Vomiting
    • Chills

This usually means that it's spreading to your kidneys- if you don't treat this there may be further damage and serious consequences.

If UTI's are frequent visitors for you I strongly suggest seeing a doctor about it!

Sarah
    Twink24 Posts: 45, Reputation: -2

Jul 30, 2009, 10:55 PM

Although I do suggest you just go to your doctor for some antibiotics to get rid of the uti so that you aren't in constant pain and suffering (believe me I know! Just last week I got rid of my 3rd uti in the past 3 months) I would say drink LOTS of cranberry juice and water. It is said that cranberry juice gets the bacteria to uncling from the walls of your bladder so that you pee it out. But I would still go to your doctor.
    mrscjr Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2009, 02:09 PM
    Thank you all so much for your answers. I saw a doctor, and got some antibiotics. Thanks again for your answers! :o)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2009, 04:18 PM

Definitely take probiotics or eat yogurt but not within a few hours of taking the antibiotics.

Cut out sweets and
    All the other suggestions are good too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there a home remedy that can be used to dry up poison ivy quickly? [ 7 Answers ]

Is there any home remedy that my son can use to dry up poison ivy Blisters quickly? It seems to be spreading.

Need home remedy for cat with diarrea [ 2 Answers ]

Help! I have a 15 year old cat who is grieving over the loss of one of my other cats. She has rapidly lost weight, but is still eating (?) :confused: Now she has had diarrea for nearly 24 hours, no interest in eating or drinking, and I am fearful of dehydration. I know there are certain meals...

Home remedy and over the counter top product. [ 1 Answers ]

Ok,so is it bad to use clearsil ultra daily face wash and aloe vera gel at the same time?? And does aloe vera gel really cure acne and vanish acne scars?? And if it does how do you use aloe vera gel?? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Home RemedY? [ 1 Answers ]

When you get athletes foot, and your toenails get sort of funginated? Well what would be a good home remedy for it? Any suggestions?

Home Remedy For Cat Diareha [ 1 Answers ]

Is There Any Remedy For This Situation That You Can Make At Home... she Has Had This Since We Left Her At A Caretakers For 9 Days. Thaks

View more questions Search