Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kalc Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Jul 30, 2009, 01:17 PM
    My girlfriend got pregnant, what should I do?
    My girlfriend is 17 and I'm 18. I've been with her for a little over a year and we've been having unprotected sex. She missed her period so we went to the store to get a pregnancy test. We were confused by the test. Then we went to a clinic and had her tested and they said she's pregnant and showed an x-ray thing of the pregnancy. What should I do? I'm scared and I don't think I can take care of a baby. I'm just a college student, I just finished my first semester.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2009, 01:19 PM

Man up and take responsibility. Do your parents and her parents know? Once you start having sex you had better be prepared to deal with the consequences of it.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 30, 2009, 01:22 PM

Unprotected sex = baby. Tell both sets of parents what has happened and work this out, both families together.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2009, 01:26 PM

She did not get pregnant, you got her pregnant. Both of you had sex and this is the consequence. Time to man up and face your responsibility. You can either be supportive of you girlfriend or a jerk. Either way you will be financially responsible for a minimum of 18 - 21 years. Just remember how you treat your girlfriend now will reflect on how your child treats you later!
    kalc Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Jul 30, 2009, 01:31 PM

This was a real life situation that happened to me about 4 years ago when I actually was 18. Fortunately I live in the great state of New York. One visit to a special doctor and $450 later and I never had to worry again. I was free from having to pretend to care for a child I never wanted. I was free from regret, from financial problems, and a connection to a girl I never loved. Now my life is awesome.
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2009, 01:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kalc View Post
    This was a real life situation that happened to me about 4 years ago when i actually was 18. Fortunately I live in the great state of New York. One visit to a special doctor and $450 later and I never had to worry again. I was free from having to pretend to care for a child I never wanted. I was free from regret, from financial problems, and a connection to a girl I never loved. Now my life is awesome.
    Wow... that is one way to look at it. You don't even care that you weren't responsible in the first place. Kudos to you good sir! You act as if it was a simple problem you just fixed, like replacing a light bulb... never mind it was a human that we are talking about FIXING! :rolleyes:
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2009, 01:34 PM

Good for you... but why waste our time asking this question if you did not need the answer
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2009, 01:35 PM

Now that I think about it, I think the child was better off not having a father like you to look DOWN to. Your ignorant stupid post just absolutely pisses me off. To have such a "matter of fact" attitude about it is why 22 year olds like you become losers of our generation. People wonder what is wrong with America, come to AMHD and look at posters like you. It becomes blatantly obvious after a few posts.

To sit here and brag about the fact that you so easily took care of a "problem" that you clearly weren't man enough to deal with is inexcusable. I hope you have become more of a man now.
    HotPotato2009 Posts: 706, Reputation: 15

Jul 30, 2009, 01:39 PM

It's a shame. .
    starfirefly Posts: 397, Reputation: 33

Jul 30, 2009, 01:56 PM

I'm actually surprised you graduated, because even a uneducated fool know that having unprotected sex leads to a baby... how the hell do you think you got here?? You did it so now grow up and take care of it!
    xadmin Posts: 79, Reputation: 8

Jul 30, 2009, 01:56 PM

Thread should be locked
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2009, 01:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by starfirefly View Post
    im actually surprised you graduated, because even a uneducated fool know that having unprotected sex leads to a baby....how the hell do you think you got here??? you did it so now grow up and take care of it!!
    Read additional posts by op this happened 4 years ago.. the baby was aborted and he is proud of himself!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is my girlfriend pregnant? I need to know. [ 3 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I had sex nine days ago and the condom broke. Six days after that she had cramps as if she were going to start her period. She was supposed to start 8 days after we had sex, but it's been nine days and she still hasn't had it. She has had cramps for four days now. Do these cramps...

Ex Girlfriend or Pregnant Girlfriend [ 10 Answers ]

I had been seeing my partner for 8 years and have had a fantastic relationship. We had a really good lifestyle and I genuinely feel like she was my soulmate and true love. Trouble is I didn't know it. I hit 40 and had what I now see as a mid life crisis. I split with my girlfriend in November,...

Could my girlfriend be pregnant. [ 5 Answers ]

Ok... I am so nervous that I needed to get some information. My girlfriend has not had her period in two weeks. She is irregular, and had a light 2-day period and that was it. It has been the second month, and am getting nervous. She complains that she feels that a muscle is being pulled in her...

Is my girlfriend pregnant? [ 8 Answers ]

Last firday, the 11th, me and my girl-friend were playing around and I kind of fingered her, but I didn't go in the vaginal opening, I think I had some pre- on my finger and now we're both really scared that she's pregnant. My girlfriend says that her nipples have been swollen recently and its only...

Is My GirlFriend Pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

Hey all I just wanted to ask a question because me being a guy I am clueless to pregnancy. Me and my girlfriend of 2 years finally had sex and yes I did use a condom but lately she's been sick and all. She's been eating a lot, she vomits frequently, she got dizzy and passed out once, and she went...

View more questions Search