Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rubyg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2006, 12:45 PM
    Movie Downloads
    As You Know, Morpheus Is A Website That Allows You To Download Music For Free W/o Use Of A Credit Card. My Question Is Are There Any Websites That Allow You To Download Movies For Free W/o Use Of A Credit Card?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 20, 2006, 12:52 PM
    Morpheus is a website that offers pirated material. I don't know what movies you are looking for, but if they are current theater releases, then what you are talking about is pirated material that would be illegal to download.
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

Oct 20, 2006, 01:04 PM
    Amazon.com has a new service called UnBox which is movie downloads you can purchase. Other than credit cards, Amazon also accepts Amazon.com gift certificates, payment directly from your bank account, and checks, money orders, or cashier's checks denominated in U.S. dollars and drawn on a U.S. bank.

http://www.amazon.com/b/?&node=16261631

You can find some free classic movies at this address: http://emol.org/movies/

If you are looking for current movies for free, you will not find them legally.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 20, 2006, 05:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rubyg
    ScottGem, I don't understand, if downloading is illegal or considered
    piracy, then why are their websites which allow it and why do companies
    like dell, and gateway sell products (computers) which allow
    downloading?
    I didn't say that downloaded was illegal I said that downloading copyrighted material was illegal. Haven't you read the newspapers? Haven't you read about the RIAA suing people who offered copyrighted songs for downloading?

If material is under copyright protection (and almost all films are) then they can only be viewed with permission of the coipyright holder. You get that permission by buying a movie theatre ticket or buying/renting a DVD. Buying a theatre ticket entitles you to one viewing in the theatre. Renting a DVD entitles you to view the movie as many times as you can during the rental period. Buying a DVD entitles you to view the movie whenever you want. It even entitles you to make a copy for personal use ONLY! But it does not entitle anyone to make copies and sell or give them away.

Therefore, if you download such copies, you are breaking the law and downloading pirated material.

The reasons websites that allow downloading such material exist is because they have legitimate uses as well. However most of them exist primarily to distribute pirated material.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Registering downloads [ 5 Answers ]

I have tried to download software like pop-up stoppers, security software from the internet and tried to load a digital camera with installation cd on my computer but it always tells me it can not regester the product. How do I fix this problem?

Video Downloads [ 4 Answers ]

When I download any type of video from the internet (e.g. music videos, movies), the quality when played seems to be bad. Are all videos supposed to be blurry because they are compressed? Is there any way to fix this? Will the quality be better once burned in a high quality format? Please help...

Spyware downloads [ 8 Answers ]

How much better are the copies of Adaware that you have to pay for compared to the free version you can download online? Someone told me today that the free version online wouldn't hardly help you out at all. I downloaded my version from the internet and it works for me just fine. The other...

Music etc. Downloads [ 2 Answers ]

I am interested in anyone's experience of downloading this unlimited service from:- http://www.radiohangout.com/133.html Is it worthwhile and genuine? George H.

Mp3 downloads [ 8 Answers ]

What's the best website to download Mp3 music?

View more questions Search