Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deb167 Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

Aug 11, 2009, 08:09 PM
    [QUOTE=tickle;1916779]
    Quote Originally Posted by deb167 View Post

I havent seen this post for a few days and hadnt realized it had mushroomed into a relationship issue. Didnt bother going back to find what went wrong, I guess I get the gist of it. Your husband got a dog, right, and then went on a trip? Correct me, then, I am assuming.

The point I guess is, given how you feel about dogs, how are you going to spend 3 weeks with a new dog ! I will put my feelings on the line and say, do your best to find a decent home for the dog, dont wait three weeks.I am thinking about the dog. There could be someone out there who could care for a lovely animal for three weeks bet ter then you could under the circumstances, worrying what you will say, what to do with the dog, etc.

Just get it over and done with and move on with your life. Before I say more, confirm that he bought the dog without telling you, okay. I dont care if this in the relationship forum right now. I have to have my say.

tick
    He bought the dog knowing I didn't want one and although I admire beautiful dogs I think they are too much of a responsibility for me, I am not capable of caring for a dog, I have too many problems of my own. My husband is a marine and he is gone for a month at a time every other month. I have tried to take care of the dog but he is untrained, although I try to train him according to the AKA and other training methods I have not succeeded and am unable to like the dog, the smell and behavior of the animals is not pleasant for me, actually it is downright disgusting to me at time, when I have to clean up the dogs mess I feel physically ill and I am resentful that I have to care for an animal I neither like nor want. He will be gone every year for 6 months in succession as well as every other month to total 9 months out of the year. He has agreed that I can give the dog to someone that will care for it, now I just have to figure out if I should call the shelter on base or if I should find a family that wants a dog online.
    rex123 Posts: 766, Reputation: 100

Aug 12, 2009, 03:24 AM
    [QUOTE=deb167;1918087]
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post

He bought the dog knowing I didn't want one and although I admire beautiful dogs i think they are too much of a responsibility for me, I am not capable of caring for a dog, I have too many problems of my own. My husband is a marine and he is gone for a month at a time every other month. I have tried to take care of the dog but he is untrained, although I try to train him according to the AKA and other training methods I have not succeeded and am unable to like the dog, the smell and behavior of the animals is not pleasant for me, actually it is downright disgusting to me at time, when I have to clean up the dogs mess I feel physically ill and I am resentful that I have to care for an animal I neither like nor want. He will be gone every year for 6 months in succession as well as every other month to total 9 months out of the year. He has agreed that I can give the dog to someone that will care for it, now i just have to figure out if I should call the shelter on base or if i should find a family that wants a dog online.
    Oh god... Where to start. For god's sakes, yes find the puppy a new home. He deseerves to go to a family that loves and cherishes him. I feel physically ill reading this post. Usually I would tell you to suck it up and take care of the dog as it is your responsibility but not now. God, through out his life this dog has felt nothing but resentment, and that saddens me:(. Try and find a good family, do this last thing right. Remember dogs do not get to choose which family they go home with, its us who choose them.

EDIT: WHY IS IT SAYING THAT TICKLE POSTED THIS???
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 12, 2009, 03:47 AM
    [QUOTE=deb167;1918087]
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    i just have to figure out if I should call the shelter on base or if i should find a family that wants a dog online.
    The shelter on base is a good option as long as they have a good track record. It will take you forever on line unless the dog is a popular breed and has a pedigree, but then you won't have a good idea if it is a decent home or not.

Tick
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2009, 09:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rex123 View Post
    {QUOTE=deb167;1918087}

Oh god... Where to start. For god's sakes, yes find the puppy a new home. He deseerves to go to a family that loves and cherishes him. I feel physically ill reading this post. Usually I would tell you to suck it up and take care of the dog as it is your responsibility but not now. God, through out his life this dog has felt nothing but resentment, and that saddens me:(. Try and find a good family, do this last thing right. Remember dogs do not get to choose which family they go home with, its us who choose them.

EDIT: WHY IS IT SAYING THAT TICKLE POSTED THIS???
    That's because deb167 made a mistake earlier with her post, she deleted the ']' symbol after the quote code. Then, successive quotes messed up. You see the part I put into curly brackets? '{}' These were in square brackets '[]' If I have left it like that, it would seem that deb197 posted what I quoted from your post.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

It's just so tired of it all [ 15 Answers ]

Dear all, I think this post is more a me attempting to vent than anything else. Just need to get this story out of me I suppose to some people who've also had their own ups and downs. The story really boils down to this. 1. Dance Partner fell in love with me. 2. I fell in love with dance...

Why am I so tired! [ 6 Answers ]

Hello everyone wondering if anyone can give me some advice, for the past 4-5 months I have been feeling really tired and lazy and having to take naps and I am only 16, I am currently on Toprimate tablets for epilepsy and have been for the past 8 years. I have also noticed that I have lost weight...

I'm tired [ 4 Answers ]

Everyday I find myself in a hole trying to get out and I know I have a lot of good qualities in me but I just need a chance, I know that I'm capable of an upgrade ,and I'm capable of living life the way I want to live it so, I'm asking for a REALLY GOOD JOB SPELL I moved hoping for a change I'm...

I'm tired of trying [ 7 Answers ]

I'am tired of trying to get pregnant if it happen it happen.I want it so bad though

View more questions Search