Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oopty4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2009, 09:25 AM
    Installing an access panel in a cement wall.
    I want to repair a large hole in an interior cement wall and install an access panel. The hole right now is rough and about 12 inches wider and 4 inches taller than the 10x10 metal access panel. There are two metal-bar studs running vertically through the cement about 15 inches apart.
    Should I get some wire mesh and build up the cement around the hole leaving space for the panel? If so, would I plan to attach the panel by screwing it directly to the new cement? Would the cement hold, for instance if it were 2 inches thick? How could I use the metal studs to help reinforce the cement and or the panel?
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2009, 05:42 PM

You can cut the rebar if its in your way. Drill in some Taocon screws inside the rough opening at an angle. This will act as mini rebar to help knit the old to new Crete. Just form inside that or use the access box for a form and pour. Once the Crete is set up then use tapcon screws to mount access panel

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing a tub on cement floor [ 3 Answers ]

We are trying to install a tub in the basement. Drain is already in place trying to make room for pluming of tub?

How to support a load bearing wall, need engineer, cement wall [ 3 Answers ]

I want to remove about 6 feet from an interior wall. The rafters run parallel with the wall but the reason I think it's load-bearing is because one of the trusses rests on the middle of the wall with a lateral x across it. I have existing pictures and a drawing of "the existing" and what is...

Cement Board on a Wall [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the process of putting up cement board on a wall in the basement because I'm having a wood burning stove put in. Anyone know what I use for taping, if at all because I will be covering in with brick or stone?

Installing wall remote for ceiling fan into wall switch [ 3 Answers ]

I've had no luck with getting the wall remote on my Hampton Bay ceiling fan to work. I was able to get the fan to work with the wall switch, but once I change out the switch with the wall remote it doesn't work. The l.e.d. on the wall remote is not even lighting. There are 6 switches on the...

Installing half wall in load bearing wall [ 3 Answers ]

We are attempting to make our kitchen open concept with our living/dining room by creating either a half wall or putting in a window (what is the correct name for that?) The wall is load bearing. Do we need a permit for that type of reno? What would be a realistic budget to set aside for that...

View more questions Search