Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Faith4us Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2009, 08:18 AM
    Trusting a liar
    My son asked me, "How can you trust someone you love when you find out they have been lieing to you". This person is his ex girlfriend who moved out 1 week ago and he found out through a text that she has been cheating on him. She is the mother of his 8 month old child.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2009, 08:32 AM

Trusting a liar is almost an oxymoron. Just because she is the mother doesn't mean he can't be a great father.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jul 30, 2009, 08:42 AM

"trusting a liar" that line in itself already contradicts.

How can you trust someone who doesn't tell the trust? You can't.

You trust that they will lie all the time, so you just keep in mind to believe the opposite.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2009, 08:48 AM

Trust is earned and if it is lost then much work has to happen before it is regained.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2009, 08:48 AM
    It's almost like trying to trust a dog that has bitten you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trusting my Wife [ 14 Answers ]

OK My wife and I have been together for 5 years, and since the very start anytime she is out with here friends *POOF* her sense of time, and me go out the window. That started my not being able to trust her. That eventually got better. A couple of months ago I got home from work (I work until...

Trusting someone? [ 7 Answers ]

So I have cut myself for over 2 years, and I occasionally go through suicidal phases, my question is who can I talk to. I'm 16 so I can still be sent to an institution against my consent, and my therapist has to tell my parents if I am a danger to myself. I just want someone to talk to without...

Best Friends/trusting [ 3 Answers ]

I have finally found a best friend that I haven't had for over 25 years and she has some issues with depression . Since I haven't had a friend in over 25 years because of my home life I want this to work and feel like my friend is like a sister and my best friend . She has had a man in her life...

Trusting someone [ 11 Answers ]

Hi I am currently dating someone who I care for dearly and would do anything for in a drop of dime. But I am having a hard time dealing with trusting him, he is good to me. He always home and works real hard to provide for me, but he has an issue with the Internet, came across an issue when he...

Neel Help Trusting my girlfriend [ 19 Answers ]

I don't know what's wrong with, I have been having this problem for long time I don't seems to be trust me girlfriend. I have been with her for 3yrs or so.. I'm her frist boyfriend ever.. n stuff. But I'm so afraid of she cheatin on me or so.. I so don't trust her what so ever.. I get so suspicous...

View more questions Search