Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bramhand Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2009, 03:23 AM
    King of diamond
    In the pack of cards why Does the king of diamond card have one eye?
    Chey5782 Posts: 423, Reputation: 65

Jul 30, 2009, 03:26 AM

There's a jack that has one too I think. I'd like to know that too. I always just assumed it was an artistic choice. Someone else will venture a guess or tell us I hope. :D
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2009, 09:18 PM

There are two one-eyed jacks. I've always assumed it was artistic choice too. I don't so much think about them being one-eyed, but simple in profile. Some of those supposedly represent certain figures in history, except that historians seem to think not.
    Chey5782 Posts: 423, Reputation: 65

Jul 30, 2009, 10:36 PM
    Yeah I heard the theory about the queens from England. Playing cards were around long before then though. It's a cool story though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Solitaire diamond ring or a diamond ring of small diamonds of same carat weight? [ 11 Answers ]

Which dioamond ring should I buy a solitaire diamond ring or a diamond ring of small diamonds of same carat weight?

Which Diamond Is Better? [ 4 Answers ]

My grandmother died 12 years ago, and left behind 2 diamonds for me for an engagement ring, both worth around $3000. I'm her grandson, and I'm almost ready to propose. I only want one diamond, and I want to give the other to my family to sell for money, but I don't know which one to choose for...

Anna and the King/The king and I [ 4 Answers ]

I just watched the warner brothers cartoon version of 'The King and I' And I remember watching "Anna and the King" a long time ago, and I was wondering, which one is a more accurate dipiction of what REALLY happened? Or is this story even REAL? I THINK its real... isnt it?

TV drama Little Boy King the Martin Luther King story [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can find the TV Drama Little Boy King about MLK when he was young. I don't know any of the stars but I know Bill Withers appeared on the show and sang You just can't smile it away ( my favorite Bill Withers song) Any help tracking this down. THX

Is it a diamond? [ 7 Answers ]

I'm wondering about another piece of jewelry it's a garage sale find about a half inch across set in a mirrored silver setting and cut like an emerald or a prism. How long has cubic zirconia been around? This is from the 30's or 1940's. I was able to make a big scratch on a pane of glass with it...

View more questions Search