Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sikofbeinlonely Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2009, 02:43 AM
    I think I'm an idiot
    I met this girl online and well I think I'm falling for her.. but she's one of those girls I know ill never be able to have.. its killing me. I don't know what to do. Help me please.
    Chey5782 Posts: 423, Reputation: 65

Jul 30, 2009, 02:44 AM

Does she like you too? If not, then consider finding a real life girl and moving past this one.

Jul 30, 2009, 02:47 AM

Um I honestly don't know.. she is in this situation where she still has feelings for her ex and at the same time wants to get over him

Jul 30, 2009, 02:51 AM
    Neither of those answers were about you though, it's possible this girl is just a friend. I wouldn't put too much faith in it if she is still into her ex. Do you want to be the rebound guy? I'd take some time to think about this, if it were me I wouldn't go after a girl I talk to online who is trying to get over an ex.

Jul 30, 2009, 02:53 AM

Well that's true. The problem is that I'm a kind of guy that is very emotional and sensitive. I mean I'm really into this girl and right now I guess I'm really vulerable (hope I spelled that right) but I really want a relationship.

Jul 30, 2009, 03:06 AM
    With her or in general? Don't go after the girl you can't or shouldn't have, that's setting yourself up for disappointment and failure. Go for a girl you can have who isn't hung up on some other dude. Your sensitive heart will be safer in the long run.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2009, 05:48 AM

I caution you as well to falling for a girl you have never even met. Have you met her in person? Online is interesting because you can be anyone you want to be, so you really don't know this girl all that well.

What should you do? If you can't have her, then cut contact and carry on, simple as that. BILLIONS of girls out there and more than one is right for you. How about getting out in the world and meeting people and not just doing it so informally on a computer?
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Jul 30, 2009, 05:54 AM

I once was in a similar situation to you. My advice would be to avoid getting into an online relationship, as they have a tendency to go nowhere good.
    Just remember, just remember that even if you do feel like you love her at some point, not being with her is not the end of the world. If it doesn't work out, then it isn't meant to work out, and there will be someone else who you will adore and love even more further down the road.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2009, 06:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sikofbeinlonely View Post
    um i honestly dont know.. she is in this situation where she still has feelings for her ex and at the same time wants to get over him
    Then don't bother, you'll just be a rebound and will be broken up before you know it.

Jul 31, 2009, 11:59 PM

Thank you all.. Um it's been a help... I guess itsjust better to try and moveon

Aug 1, 2009, 07:24 AM
    Move on and move up. Real life girls are awesome. And you can actually touch them. I highly suggest one of them for your first real girlfriend! We hug awesome!
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2009, 08:00 AM
    but she's one of those girls I know ill never be able to have
    Why do you make this claim? Because of distance? Something else? Unless she lives prohibitively far away from you, since she's talking to you, even if only online, there must be some potential there. Just be careful as many teenagers are victimized by trolls who pose as teenage girls ; be sure of who you're really talking to.
    zippit Posts: 693, Reputation: 117
    -

Aug 1, 2009, 08:05 AM

Don't burn your bridge ,keep staying in touch with her,she may turn out to be a future girlfriend,or good friend you can talk to
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 1, 2009, 12:18 PM

She is being friendly and so should you be and just don't get carried away by your feelings. Pen pals are great, but people are seldom receptive, or ready for a relationship id they have just come out of one. Have fun, but keep your heart, and emotions, grounded in reality.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I feel like an idiot - a very confused idiot. [ 7 Answers ]

I'm in 7th grade, and there's this boy that I've liked since 4th grade. (I know, pathetic, isn't it?) My good friend at the time was absolutely convinced that I liked this other boy, and she wouldn't believe me when I said I didn't. So I told her that I liked this other boy, even though I didn't,...

I'm a idiot [ 5 Answers ]

I have posted here several times. Everyone had given me the advice to just let my ex-girlfriend go. I took up the whole no contact thing but I did it for the wrong reason. I read all of those bull get your ex back with no contact All it got me was meaningless sex and now I'm back to square one. I...

I think I'm an idiot. [ 6 Answers ]

:( My ex and I hooked up this weekend. Now we are both confused on what exactly it is we are doing. We actually sat down and had a long talk... I'll be honest... I have no idea what he was saying. He doesn't trust anyone but himself. He has had too many bad realtionships, etc in the past. I am one...

She is such an idiot [ 4 Answers ]

I've had such a bad day! This girl in my collage class is so irritating, she constantly goes on about herself and doesn't really care about anyone but herself, she is also very why and selfish, there also another girl who is really sweet when she's by herself but as soon as she's with the why girl...

I'm such an idiot [ 8 Answers ]

OK well most of you know about my situation with my ex. I just talked to him after not talking to him for about a week and I was disgusted by what he was doing. He was over to this girl maria's house. Before we broke up he told me that he thought she was hot and that he would deff. Do things with...

View more questions Search