Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    h_leann_b Posts: 247, Reputation: 35

Jul 29, 2009, 01:49 PM
    Back in the dating game. No idea what I am doing. Eek!
    My boyfriend and I broke up a few weeks ago; and have decided to just be friends. It was a mutual split and we both are happy with it. But that's beside the point.

I suck at dating.

I have gone on a few dates, had some fun. I'm not looking at anything really serious right now. I just want to look around for a guy that is a good match for me. And I know that takes time. So there is a guy that I have gone on a date with once. He got divorced about 8 months ago; he has a 2 year old son and is 29. Anyway, had a great time with him, he seemed to enjoy himself too. Well; his cell phone is broken so we don't talk much. He is on Facebook though and has written a few things. Anyway, I want to hang out with him again. Should I say something to him, or just let him decide? :o

Im so out of the loop. Im not sure how to act these days, or how guys want you to act. I don't want to be considered annoying or easy or pushy by any means. So I have sought out the advice of you smarty-pants to see what I should do?

Also.. Where do I meet people? I work with a lot of older people, and don't go to school. Im not a big partier. Is it not a good idea to meet people via Facebook these days?

Oh, if it matters I am 22. Ha. Thanks for reading. If you want more info let me know.:D
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jul 29, 2009, 01:56 PM

Just be yourself. IF that person can't accept who you are, then there's no reason to think that you will last long term.

Jul 29, 2009, 01:58 PM

Should I email him and tell him we should hang out or is it too forward?

Jul 29, 2009, 03:07 PM

Also, if I meet someone can I ask them out, or should I just flirt and drop hints until he asks me lol
    overayear Posts: 100, Reputation: 19

Jul 29, 2009, 03:23 PM

Yeah I think you should write him and ask if he would like to hang out on such and such day. Nothing formal. I agree with just being yourself, it's the best way to find someone meaningful.
    overayear Posts: 100, Reputation: 19

Jul 29, 2009, 03:24 PM
    Well I think you should let the guy make the move as far as exchanging numbers but as far as hanging out I think that can go both ways.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get back in the dating game? [ 2 Answers ]

Its been 3 months since a pretty rough breakup. I'm tired of hoping she might want me back. I feel like I've been out of the game so long that I don't know how to approach women. Anyone got any tips, of how to approach women, like what to say etc.

How do I get back in the dating game? [ 2 Answers ]

My last couple of relationships have been brief and ended badly. Both times, I tried to stay as casual as possible, but it was almost impossible because my ex would call me once or twice a day and want to hang out all the time. I limited our hanging out time to about twice a week, but still talked...

The Good: I'm back out dating! The Bad: I'm back out dating. [ 11 Answers ]

Well to start I've recently been testing the waters following a break of a 4 year relationship 2 months ago (one of those where she wanted to marry me, I had the ring and we split things). So I've recovered I'm out meeting people, I feel ready and now I'm dating. Now I know dating is pretty...

No idea about dating, have I put my foot in it? [ 4 Answers ]

A guy from work has been really friendly lately and he asked for my mobile number. I have seen him out a few times and we have exhanged glances, smiles, pecks on the cheek and been texting a bit. He keeps sending my texts telling me I'm beautiful, stunning and gorgeous and that I do not need to...

View more questions Search