Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mahoneybrenda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2009, 12:27 PM
    Should I leave my man
    I have been with my man for 3years and never met his mom or sisters. So his family was having a family reuntiuon and I was invited to go, but could not cuase of work and kids football. So he went by himself, he left on Sunday morning for a diffferent city and did not text me until Monday night that said I just charged my phone and ilove you and miss you so I left it alone
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2009, 12:47 PM

If you are happy in your relationship,I do not see this as a deal breaker.
    Did you have any arrangement regarding how frequently he was to make contact with you?
    It sounds like a simple misunderstanding and not a breach of fidelity.
    It would seem to be a shame to toss a good relationship aside for this reason alone.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jul 29, 2009, 12:54 PM

After a 3 year relationship, these small details cannot be the reason you want to break up.

Are there other details that we are missing?

You were invited to see his family but you were busy. So it's not like they do not want to meet you.

Furthermore, after a 3 year relationship, you should have a strong communication system. If you're unhappy about something then talk things out with him.

If your feelings for him have changed, then don't lead him on and let him go.
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Jul 29, 2009, 01:23 PM

I think there is more than one concern here and you can correct me if I am wrong. One is that he didn't contact you right away and two is that you haven't met his family yet.
    My take on this topic is that he very well may have had hard feelings given that you didn't attend the reunion with him and chose not to contact you. He could have brought someone else with. Only you know how you feel about the rest of your relationship. As always I think it is important to explain to him how you feel. 3 yrs is a long time not to take time to meet family. What is your concern and why would yoou consider leaving him?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 29, 2009, 01:26 PM

I agree with the above, there has to be more to this story.

So he didn't text you right away, he did eventually, what's the big deal?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Ex Will NOT Leave Me Alone! [ 15 Answers ]

Well, I was in a serious relationship for 2 1/2 years. He cheated on me, and abused me mentally. So I let him go. I mean, seriously no woman needs to be treated in ways such as these. Now, he will not leave me alone. He's getting to the point where he's scaring the hell out of me. He shows up...

Have to leave [ 13 Answers ]

HI everyone, I am a 39 single woman . And don't know where to turn or where to go. I have been living with a man ( and I use that loosley) for 3 years, after a month of being there he said he needed me to pay him $800 a month to help with bills, wellbeing the person I am I said OK, thinking that...

Will she ever leave him [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone I have a question. There is this girl that I've known for about 10 years now and I really like her and have feelings for her. The only thing is she has a boyfriend and a kid. She has been seeing this guy off and on for like 6 years. She recently starts saying to me that she is going...

Why can't I leave [ 11 Answers ]

Hello, I'm new to this site, so please bare with me! I just turned 25, I have a 5 1\2 year old and 3 1\2 year old twins, I have been with my husband for going on 8 years and have been married almost 4. My husband is super, insecure, super controlling, and lately super psycho! Over the past year he...

View more questions Search