Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    papasquiaro Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2006, 08:02 AM
    Stolen money
    I had a friend who I helped out when he was in jail.I posted bail for him and later on he decided to jump bail and of course my money was lost because he didn't show up for court one day. Before he did all of this I let him barrow a lot of money, I mean a lot of money and he said he was going to pay me back, but he never did .So now I'm without a friend and without my money and I have no idea where he's at.So now he became a fugitive because he didn't show up for court and I guess he is wanted here in milwaukee and in Michigan.And later on I came to find out that he used my credit card to charge up a cell phone account and a rented car.So I had to report that to the police station,but my question is what can I do so he pays me back my money he owes me?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 20, 2006, 08:17 AM
    Do you understand what a doormat is? I really don't want to be harsh but you need to wake up to reality. This person is not a friend, he was just using you. A friend doesn't jump bail on you leaving you holding the bag.

This person is also a fugitive so its unlikely that he has any assets or ever will.

If you want to sue him for the money you lent, the bail bond you lost etc. go ahead. At least you will have a judgement on record. So if he ever gets his act together you might be able to go after his assets. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

You need to get real friends and not be so generous with them.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 20, 2006, 08:21 AM
    I have to agree with Scott. I remember the saying "A fool and his money are soon parted."

I am sure you will never lend money to friends again.
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Oct 20, 2006, 10:22 AM
    Sometimes lessons have to be learned te hard way. This is a pretty hard way to learn.
    :(
    I hope you are able to recover, and consider the advice above.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Car stolen from parking lot [ 7 Answers ]

I parked my car in a covered parking garage adjacent to the Seattle Opera House and it was stolen. Do I have a legitimate claim against the lot?

Stolen Truck [ 7 Answers ]

My Fathers Truck Was Stolen 5 Month Back, Filed A Report Called Back 12 Time More The First Month And No Word, I Had A Phone Call From A Auto Place Stating That They Had The Truck That It Was Towed By The Same Police Department We Made The Report At, They Said That The Truck Was Never Reported...

Doxie JRT Cross very nearly stolen [ 1 Answers ]

Our pup, now 9 months old, likes to travel with us in our car. His digestive problems have settled down, making trips easier. Yesterday while he was alone in the car for a short time, a woman broke into our locked car and had removed him. Fortunately, she was discovered and her attempt to take him...

View more questions Search