Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cbala Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2009, 08:46 AM
    Tax return- After extension
    Hi,
    As suggested, I have waited for 5 months & passing the SPT by Aug 15 2009.
    Can you please clarify on how to apply for tax return as married filing jointly. Can I do that directly in turbo tax after AUG 15.
    Is there any other paper work or remarks to be added as we have applied for extension?

Please clarify the application process.

Thank you so much
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Jul 30, 2009, 01:32 AM

You need to attach "First Year Choice Statement."
    There is no paper work or remarks for the extension.
    If you spouse does not have SSN or ITIN, then you need to attach W7 (with required documents) to the tax return.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Application for tax return- After extension [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, As suggested, I waited for 5 months & I am passing the Substantial Presence Test by Aug 15 2009. Can you please clarify on how to apply for tax return as married filing jointly. Can I do that directly in turbo tax after AUG 15. Is there any other paper work or remarks to be added as we have...

Tax Return after filing Extension [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have filed the tax extension form before April 15 because I came in US by Oct 4 2009 and my family members joined me by Dec 29. To claim family members with the return I would need to file as a resident. I would like to know when I should I file my return, I would need to file the ITIN...

Questions on form 4868 extension for tax return [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I got many helps from this forum. I came US January 2006, and graduated Dec. 2007. I worked from Feb. 2008. From Feb. to Sep. I worked with my OPT and I got H1B in Oct. 2008. I got married. So in order to file jointly, I have to wait until the date I can pass SPT test in 2009. To to...

How I can fill tax return wihtout my wife ITIN # and show her at my tax return [ 4 Answers ]

I'm a h1 visa holder living New York and my wife joined with me she has h4 visa When I fill this year tax return I want to get benefit how I can get ITIN # for her Yes I know about W-7 form but it's very confision Give me some info please step by step Thanks

View more questions Search