Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2006, 06:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    That assumes that a previous operating system still exists on the OP's system.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 2, 2006, 08:00 AM
    I just answered the question as asked.
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Nov 2, 2006, 09:39 AM
    Thank you Tal... now I need to sing.. I 'm every woman... real loud.. if you cannot use the Microsoft manual to answer the question then what can you use... things that make you go hmmm... hmmm... hmmm
    SESaskDFC Posts: 214, Reputation: 17

Nov 2, 2006, 09:50 AM
    No you didn't!

You answerd a question that would have been worded " I upgraded my Win98 system to XP using an XP upgrade cd.. How do I go back to Win98??"

This user simply wants to "uninstall Windows" period.. NOT revert to a previous operating system!

Luna: You are sounding more and more like someone else I know.. You have been proven wrong time and time again here yet still try to defend and undefendable position..

Accept your lack of knowledge in this matter, accept the fact you learned something new and go back to the forums you "may" know something about!

Murray
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2006, 10:12 AM
    I was going to mention that as well Sask but I stopped caring.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 2, 2006, 11:21 AM
    This is from the link you provided:

Note If Uninstall Windows XP is not in the list of installed programs, you must manually reinstall Windows 98 or Windows Millennium Edition. In this case, make sure that you back up all your critical data before you reinstall Windows 98 or Windows Millennium Edition.

This will only work if the machine previously had an earlier version of Windows installed and had XP ADDED as a dual bootable setup. There was NOTHING in the OP that indicated that was the case.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 2, 2006, 12:05 PM
    Having looked deeper I have found that the OP must be someone like me and does not provide enough info to see what it is he is trying to do. That's probably why Dealing with people is easier as for me than this tech stuff since I cannot fill in the blanks on computer questions and guesstamate a response. Since I often browse this section to assist in my own home use of many applications here I thought this was an easy one. It was not. And in the interest of not confusing the OP any more I will let everyone know that I KNOW NUTIN> Also you tech guys could be a lot more understanding and supply the facts to us in untech language we can understand so we can at least have a chance of understanding your answers, or at least where your trying to lead us. The OP said UNINSTALL. I can only assume he has a previous version to go to. REMOVE/DELETE is entirely different and calls for a different procedure. OKay fellows just for my knowledge What is the OP trying to do??
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2006, 12:20 PM
    OKay fellows just for my knowledge What is the OP trying to do???
    That's why, in the first correct response in this thread [mine:)] I ask the OP what they are trying to accomplish. I was hoping for further info as well.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 2, 2006, 12:21 PM
    Having looked deeper I have found that the OP must be someone like me and does not provide enough info to see what it is he is trying to do. ... OKay fellows just for my knowledge What is the OP trying to do???
    If one looks at my responses, I tend to ask questions after the OP to make sure I understand the real problem. I am well aware that OPs usually do not know the correct terminology to use and frequently don't explain what it is they really want to accomplish.

So, in this situation it appears only that the OP wants Win XP off his PC. We do not know what he wants to replace it with or whether he wants to replace it. Maybe he will come back and tell us. Despite what MS said in the article you linked to, most tech will never advise to use uninstall on an OS. In most cases it can't be done and where it is possible, it would still be better to clean up the PC by starting fresh.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Activate Windows XP Home [ 11 Answers ]

Recently installed Windows XP Home edition ON work computer Do not have Internet world wide web access Receive prompt Have 11 days left to activate Windows XP What will happen if I do not activate

Problem with windows xp home upgrade [ 6 Answers ]

I'm trying to share files on a work group no domain(if fails,will try that later),I can see and share files from the home upgrade to xp pro but can't access from xp full install to upgrade? Printers work fine on both but can't dee files from xp pro full? Linksys 4 port DSL connection Tried...

Windows XP Home vs XP PRO [ 1 Answers ]

What are the differences between Windows XP for Home Use, and Windows XP Professional? Does the professional version have anything more than the home edition, and if so, what does it have? Thank you!

XP Home edition on Dell missing dll file [ 2 Answers ]

hi folks I try do repair xp home edition to a dell with the disk that come with and I'm getting a lot of missing dll files. After quite a few tries only the comrepl.dll is missing as the mswrd6.wpc also. I do have the files but where I should copy them? Can someone point where I should copy them?...

Windows xp home edition [ 5 Answers ]

OK, I found out you can't install friend's xp! Bought new one and installed. (Installed fresh, not repair). NOW, not all of the time, but about half the time or a little more, it won't load up right and keeps re-starting and then I have to put it in safe mode and restore it to a previous day to...

View more questions Search