Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    unnam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2009, 11:20 PM
    Double Benefit
    I have two Health Insurance Policies of TATA AIG & Birla Sunlife. Will the expenses of Hpospitalisation be reimbursed by both the Insurers?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 29, 2009, 05:40 AM

Yes and no. There is a rule called Coordination of Benefits when covered under two policies. One of the policies is listed as primary the other secondary. The primary policy pays first up to the limits of the policy. If the full amount isn't covered, you can submit a claim to the secondary for the balance.
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2009, 07:31 AM

Everything Scott said is correct and I will add that this is done to prevent overpayment back to you. So, essentially the 2nd policy is picking up the slack of the 1st policy. You won't receive any excess for having 2 policies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Double fixture tee or double sanitary tee? [ 14 Answers ]

For DWV on a single vanity to double vanity conversion. Which to use? Double sanitary: http://images.grainger.com/images/products/small/SMALL-1WHU8.JPG Double fixture: http://images.grainger.com/images/products/1CNT8.JPG

Double Double Breaker [ 10 Answers ]

I have a Square D breaker 150 amp panel box in my home. I wanted to put in a double breaker (20 - 20) but they don't make one for my particular box (it doesn't push in far enough to put the cover on). The guy at the store suggested I file out some of the matterial on the breaker so it pushes in all...

The double double standard? Or is it quadruple. [ 12 Answers ]

G'day all, Its been getting exciting around here lately and I like it. Keep it up. Nothing like an election year to get the argumentative juices flowing. Most of us have been here a while now and I think we all pretty much know where one another stands. There are those of us who aren't too...

Double Combo vs Double Tee [ 24 Answers ]

Hi All, The drains of my two storey home drain to one point at my basement ceiling, and then vertically to the basement floor via a 3" DWV pipe to a 4" sanitary tee that horizontally provides 1) a clean-out and 2) drain to the septic out the foundation wall. The center-line of the 4" sanitary is...

View more questions Search