Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    schuhman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2009, 09:05 PM
    Jd L110 WON'T start
    My JD l110 with a comand 17.5 hp engin made a loud bang and died . I tried restarting it but it would fire . I checked the plug and there was plenty for spark there was good copression plenty of fuel checked the valve train and every thing looked OK I tried either and it still won't fire once in a while it will back fire just once.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jul 28, 2009, 09:17 PM

Hi,
    Put in a new flywheel key. That is what happened at the same time as the bang; sheared the key. It will still have fire; just not at the right time.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deere L110 cranks won't start [ 11 Answers ]

My JD L110 starts fine but after a time of operation it tends to stall. After that it will crank over no problem, but will not start. I have checked spark and it looks to be getting plenty of fuel. The throttle arm doesn't look to pull right back all the way when I put throttle to slow and is at...

John Deere L110 won't start. [ 3 Answers ]

My John Deere L110 won't start for the 5th summer now. It's been in for repairs each summer to resolve this problem, they've changed this and that, but the problem keeps coming back. Sometimes it will start, but most times it does nothing (once in a great while it clicks). This summer, 1st start,...

L110 will immediately start but run for 1 sec only. [ 3 Answers ]

I have a John Deere riding mower, 42" L110 with the Kohler engine. 1 1/2 season old. This season when I tried to start the engine if fires up immediately and runs at high rpm for 1 second, then shuts off. It doesn't matter whether left in full chock or moved off choke. Nor does it matter if...

View more questions Search