Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sergie Posts: 149, Reputation: 15
    -

Jul 28, 2009, 06:32 PM
    Am I within the figure.
    Hi and hello everybody,
    I stand 5'11"( 5 foot 11 inches) and weighs around ranging from 56kgs to 58 kgs. People say I am too thin and it hurts and it cuts me like a knife. I even do regular exercises like pull ups and push ups. If calculated my BMI ( bio mass index ) falls around 17.++. Tell me people, am I okay? If not, how do I gain more weight? I do eat from time to time. I don't skip the meal, I drink plenty of fluids also. Folks, help!:(
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2009, 06:37 PM
    I'd speak with a doctor if you're concerned. At 5'11' and 56-58 kgs. you're definitely thin but I don't know if there's any cause for alarm from a medical standpoint, especially if you are exercising regularly, consuming adequate kilocalories and drinking sufficient fluids. You could try adding weight training to your exercise regimen and include more high-protein, low-fat foods in your diet like lean meats, fish, beans and nuts.
    -

Jul 28, 2009, 06:40 PM
    Do I look fine?
    Hi and hello everybody,
    I stand 5'11"( 5 foot 11 inches) and weighs around ranging from 56kgs to 58 kgs. People say I am too thin and it hurts and it cuts me like a knife. I even do regular exercises like pull ups and push ups. If calculated my BMI ( bio mass index ) falls around 17.++. Tell me people, am I okay? If not, how do I gain more weight? I do eat from time to time. I don't skip the meal, I drink plenty of fluids also. Folks, help!:(
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 28, 2009, 06:44 PM
    Don't listen to those jerks. It sounds as though you exercise and eat right, so what's the problem? Are they jealous that they are not as thin and healthy as you?

You may just have a high metabolism. If so, you will thank your lucky stars for that when you are older.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2009, 06:44 PM

I don't know kgs
    I know pounds
    How many inches is your waist or pants size?
    That can be a good way of determining if you are too thin.
    Expert

Jul 28, 2009, 06:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    I don't know kgs
    I know pounds
    56 kgs = 123.2 lbs.
    58 kgs = 127.6 lbs

Any time you are given kgs, just multiply by 2.2 to get pounds.
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2009, 06:56 PM

That is on the thin build side. I like thin build
    I agree with J_9 they are jealous
    -

Jul 28, 2009, 07:42 PM

Thank you so much people! It's a great relief to see your advice. At least I feel better now. My pants size are 30-31". So am I thin? But I believe, to look handsome, you need to gain some muscles, right?
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2009, 07:43 PM

30 inch waist is perfect!!

You don't need to gain muscle unless you want to
    -

Jul 28, 2009, 07:51 PM

To s_cianci
    Hmmm, so do you mean I must join the gym? And take the protein along with it? How about if I only take protein and not join gym? I don't want to get much fatter but just want to gain some weight around 65kgs. Lean meat and fish is my regular diet. I avoid nuts for I am allergic to them.
    Expert

Jul 28, 2009, 07:55 PM
    Threads merged
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2009, 07:59 PM

Gaining 65 kgs sounds like a lot that would make you around 260 pounds?
    reading1 Posts: 9, Reputation: -2

Jul 28, 2009, 08:36 PM

Everybody has a different make up. So just realize this that your metabolism may be fast. At the same time if you truly want to gain weight there are ways to do it. Please like someone said in another blog consult a doctor first and ask him what would be the most healthy way to do it. Also remember to be careful what you wish for.
    -

Jul 2, 2013, 09:58 AM
    Dear People,
    It's a great relief for me to use this thread again after 4 years. Now I am around 65 kgs. It really took me long time and peer hard work to reach here. I did lot of push ups, bar curls and dumbbell curls. No, I did not go to Gym, I did all at home. Now when I look at the mirror, I feel good. Also, I just want to know can body building can effect ED or will it decrease the size or will it deprive me the interest towards woman? Just wanted to know for sure. Thanks in advance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fashion figure n normal figure [ 2 Answers ]

What is the difference between a fashion figure and a normal figure.

Figure this one out [ 12 Answers ]

Listen I'm totally lost as to why this hapend. It starts of like this I heard this girl liked me right well I asked her to homecoming and she said yes when we got there I was chillen wit her and you no I had my arm around her and we were holding hands blah blah I asked her out and she said I don't...

I Can't figure this out [ 5 Answers ]

I have a mobile Home it's old I had the power shut off since I'm not living in there but now I'm letting a friend stay in there so I and him have started to replace all of the outlets in the house now that most of them have been replaced I have lost power to the dinning room lights and 2 outlets...

View more questions Search