Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Onokio Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2009, 05:19 PM
    I've realized that I'm in love with one of my friends, what should I do?
    When I first met him we were both really young.. Around 16 years old.. When he first met me, he really liked me, and he tried to date me. Even though I liked him, I had just broken up with my violent boyfriend, so I told him that ''i just got out of a really bad relationship and I can't start something new right now'' , and he understood me..

7 years passed, we went to different universities and I hadn't seen him for years.. But this summer I accidentally I saw him outside a store.. I went and said hello, he smiled, he hugged me and in the end we exchanged numbers. The sparkle in our eyes was still there..

Last night we went on date and we had such a great time. I can't remember the last time I had such a great time with someone... Even though I could feel the tension and the magic in the air between us, I was really sad (but I didn't show it to him) when he told me that he didn't want a relationship right now. He also told me that he first wants to finish his studies and then to start something new with someone.. Even though I know that I can't change his mind and I have to accept what he wants, I'm definetely sure that he still has feelings for me.. By the way he was looking at me I could see it in his eyes.. At some point he hold my hand too and then at that point I've realized that I was in love with him... I'm so confused right now.. What should I do?
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2009, 05:27 PM
    Take it slow and easy. Don't push for too much too fast. Keep nurturing the flames, little by little. Think of it as a cooking fire ; you don't want to start a roaring bonfire that will quickly burn itself out ; instead, you want to build a bed of hot, steady glowing coals on a gradual basis.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 28, 2009, 05:42 PM

Keep talking and chatting and go out if possible, If it is going to work it will

Also often when we want something we sadly see stuff that is not really there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Just realized I won't see my boyfriend for a month. Tell him now? [ 4 Answers ]

This guy from school and I started talking a little over a month ago. We always liked each other and he finally asked me out a few days ago. We are both so happy now that we're finally together. He told me a while ago that he is going to summer camp for three weeks. During this time, he can...

I realized what she meant to me now I think its to late [ 4 Answers ]

So I was with this girl for 2 years... The first 3 months we started dating she cheated on me with one of my friends, I din't care cause I had no feelings for her then.. But she did for me.. She spent the next year and a half trying to prove to me that she wanted me in her life. Bought me things...

I realized that it's a pattern. [ 3 Answers ]

I talked to my EX GF's sons Dad. So, The guy she had a big relationship before me. They were engaged at one time. A lot of similar things went on with them too. He and I have always gotten along great. So I asked him about some of the tings that went wrong in their relationship. What he said was...

View more questions Search